Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Open carry meltdown

Today was a beautiful day, so I took my 3 year old daughter to the playground near the Indian Valley Library. It's a large playground, and I've open carried there countless times with zero issues. Today I had a S&W 539 in a leather thumb break.

A woman with a ~2 year looked at me. Then I hear her loudly exclaim to her kid, "let's go, we're leaving." Kid starts crying. Then, the rant begins: "I've been coming here for 50 years and this is the first time I don't feel safe. I feel really unsafe, let's go". She stomped off with her kid.

A grandmother looked confused, and asked, 'what was that all about'? I smiled and told her it was probably my firearm. She saw it, and said, 'ooohh'. (this lady didn't make a fuss about it).

We spent about an hour there, and I waited for the police to show up. They never came. I wonder if she called the cops, and if they told her there's nothing wrong with open carry.

I almost felt bad---but then again, I did nothing wrong.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Open carry meltdown

Nope,you sure didn't.Why did you wait around for police to arrive,did the woman mention that she was going to call them on you?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Nope,you sure didn't.Why did you wait around for police to arrive,did the woman mention that she was going to call them on you?
    Poor wording on my part. I played with my daughter, *expecting* the possibiity of LEO's showing up. she did not mention calling the police, but the way things went down with her ranting, I thought it was a strong possibility.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    Poor wording on my part. I played with my daughter, *expecting* the possibiity of LEO's showing up. she did not mention calling the police, but the way things went down with her ranting, I thought it was a strong possibility.
    Oh okay and thank goodness she didn't as in her anger there is no telling what fabrication she might have told the dispatcher.

Did you tell her everything is ok, Im a syrian refugee, or, I voted for hillary?
    That usually eases the tension with the snowflakes.

(Philadelphia County)

LOL!....or he could have told her,"I got this for free along with my Obama phone".

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Did you tell her everything is ok, Im a syrian refugee, or, I voted for hillary?
    She probably has one of those Hate has no place here signs in front of her house.

(Chester County)

This is amazing! LOL

ROFLMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    Today was a beautiful day, so I took my 3 year old daughter to the playground near the Indian Valley Library. It's a large playground, and I've open carried there countless times with zero issues. Today I had a S&W 539 in a leather thumb break.

A woman with a ~2 year looked at me. Then I hear her loudly exclaim to her kid, "let's go, we're leaving." Kid starts crying. Then, the rant begins: "I've been coming here for 50 years and this is the first time I don't feel safe. I feel really unsafe, let's go". She stomped off with her kid.

A grandmother looked confused, and asked, 'what was that all about'? I smiled and told her it was probably my firearm. She saw it, and said, 'ooohh'. (this lady didn't make a fuss about it).

We spent about an hour there, and I waited for the police to show up. They never came. I wonder if she called the cops, and if they told her there's nothing wrong with open carry.

I almost felt bad---but then again, I did nothing wrong.
    I only feel bad for the kid, not the insane lady. It's also strange she claimed she's been going to the playground for 50 years. She never grew up? She went without kids?

I love my local playground. There's an Army vet I've seen there many times and we were both OCing there with our kids. He had some fun service stories too. Plenty of other families around and some Moms smiled when I said this is the safest playground around.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; May 11th, 2017 at 11:32 AM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast