Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Open carry meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I have this weird thing. I think we all kind of behave something like this but I have never heard of somebody distilling it down into a principle. If I have something of little value to me, and it is of great value to you, you are getting it. That's an easy call and a good principle to live by. Certainly nothing to brag about. I may have been in a bad mood, in pain, in a hurry, but 120 seconds of my time really meant nothing to me and it really would have meant a lot to the Frenchies. I know this sounds stupid, but if I need 6 cans of no salt beans, and there are six on the shelf, I take 4 and leave 2. Because I feel the two will cause more happiness to the next person than it will cause to me holding four cans. There's probably a clinical term for this.
    "Leavetwoticulitis"?
    - bamboomaster

(Schuylkill County)

French tourists don't expect to see American cowboys until they cross the Mississippi.

(Northampton County)

I think it is important to understand that liberals/progressives see the world differently from us. In this example, a playground, we 2A people do not see a person with a gun as a threat unless that person looks to be a likely terrorist or criminal. But the average Leftists sees even normal-looking people with guns as threats because they are brainwashed into thinking that all guns are always unsafe.

They often read news reports of a negligent shooting where the gun "just went off". It is of course an irrational fear, but they don't know better. Certainly, some do and use the opportunity to make a political statement. I don't know which category this woman belongs in, but in that situation, if possible I'd approach the woman and ask why she felt unsafe around me. You'd quickly ascertain whether she is misguided about guns, or perhaps a well informed activist.
    Help protect your 2A rights in PA. Join PA4SP.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    I think it is important to understand that liberals/progressives see the world differently from us. In this example, a playground, we 2A people do not see a person with a gun as a threat unless that person looks to be a likely terrorist or criminal. But the average Leftists sees even normal-looking people with guns as threats because they are brainwashed into thinking that all guns are always unsafe.

They often read news reports of a negligent shooting where the gun "just went off". It is of course an irrational fear, but they don't know better. Certainly, some do and use the opportunity to make a political statement. I don't know which category this woman belongs in, but in that situation, if possible I'd approach the woman and ask why she felt unsafe around me. You'd quickly ascertain whether she is misguided about guns, or perhaps a well informed activist.
    I agree with the difference in mind set, I see it everyday. I disagree that the women in the op was frightened, I think she was just trying to make a scene. Some people are like that, they just want everyone to notice them.

I have seen people almost run from me when I was oc. A time or two I would hear some mumbling behind me and see people leaving my general vicinity. I have never had anyone make a fuss about it, well no one except leos.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Philadelphia County)

Yep,the woman was not afraid,just pissed off that someone is walking around her child with a gun.
    "The time for empty talk is over....now is the hour of action" DJT

(Northampton County)

I'm going to hazard a guess that the child didn't have anything to do with it in reality.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678