Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Open carry meltdown

At this point in time I almost always carry cc. When I did carry oc I made no apologies for "offending" anyone. I was at times polite in my responses to badgering but that is just how I was raised. Other times I gave it back ten fold. You should not feel bad about trying to protect your child while out and about. I think the woman just wanted to make a scene because if she was frightened she would have left quietly without drawing attention to herself.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    ^Straight outta Compton

I OC for a lot of reasons. As a kid we always OC'd around the country because there are so many weird rules about CC. It comes natural to me. Whenever I concealed a gun I was doing something wrong. I OC because I came out of Jersey like a *** coming out of the closet, with a running start and a flying leap. And sometimes I like the idea of the look, like at a BBQ with friends. Yeah, I'm showing off, although I usually don't think about it unless I see a license plate from Jersey.

The tactical advantages and disadvantages, that is plowed ground. The only funny thing is that the reasons given on both sides of the argument are mostly nonsense. Most people do not know the true benefits and risks of OC, and that includes every truly educated and skilled firearms instructor I have ever met. Everybody just parrots the same crap they heard somewhere.

It's about 1 out of 7 or 1 out of 8 now.
    Last time I did the math it was about 1 out of 8 residents over 22 years in age. Without including all the exceptions. And those were from numbers which are now about 4 years old, and we know LTCF applications have only gone up.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Last time I did the math it was about 1 out of 8 residents over 22 years in age. Without including all the exceptions. And those were from numbers which are now about 4 years old, and we know LTCF applications have only gone up.
    You are correct. But I am curve fitting and extrapolating (seriously). We will find out that this month of 2017 we are at or close to 1 out of 7. That's why I said 1 out of 7 or one out of 8.

However, we have to reach saturation at some point. I don't think we are going to end up 1 out of 2. But the trend is still up and has not slowed.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Montgomery County)

You are correct. But I am curve fitting and extrapolating (seriously).

You mean pulling statistics out of your ass?

op, she was trying to make a scene, glad you enjoyed your time at the park. she can get bent. thats the type of person you can never convert. how old was she anyway? young enough to remember 50 years of visits and old enough to have been going to the park for half a century.

been getting a lot of "what you carry" recently, when people see the top of my iwb holster at work.
    when i go to the range i crossdraw owb and will also iwb. easier when my arms are full of rifles. all the kids come out to play.

only had two people make a huff when i was OC, only stopped because i kept whacking it into things when i turned. now i need to buy an iwb with retention for when it's not under a jacket.
    i came out of NJ just like ungawa. a flaming gun owner.

You are correct. But I am curve fitting and extrapolating (seriously). We will find out that this month of 2017 we are at or close to 1 out of 7. That's why I said 1 out of 7 or one out of 8.

However, we have to reach saturation at some point. I don't think we are going to end up 1 out of 2. But the trend is still up and has not slowed.
    simple, constitutional carry bill needs to pass, then we are all registered to carry. and then we simply have firearm sales statistics to go off of, the illegal sales database. which will still only give us a glimpse at how many arms are in the hands of the people.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    op, she was trying to make a scene, glad you enjoyed your time at the park. she can get bent. thats the type of person you can never convert. how old was she anyway? young enough to remember 50 years of visits and old enough to have been going to the park for half a century.

been getting a lot of "what you carry" recently, when people see the top of my iwb holster at work.
    when i go to the range i crossdraw owb and will also iwb. easier when my arms are full of rifles. all the kids come out to play.

only had two people make a huff when i was OC, only stopped because i kept whacking it into things when i turned. now i need to buy an iwb with retention for when it's not under a jacket.
    i came out of NJ just like ungawa. a flaming gun owner.

simple, constitutional carry bill needs to pass, then we are all registered to carry. and then we simply have firearm sales statistics to go off of, the illegal sales database. which will still only give us a glimpse at how many arms are in the hands of the people.
    Thanks. Yes, most of the comments I get are 'what do you carry', usually followed by a short or long conversation about favorite handguns and such. This past weekend a disabled vet (vietnam era) asked me about my Ithaca 1911. He told me about his experiences with the grease gun and 1911 during his tour. Nice guy.

At that same playground, about a year ago, a guy about my age (30's) asked what I was carrying, and we briefly discussed handguns.

Honestly, after 7+ years of open carrying, this was the worst encounter I can remember.

And I, too, am a NJ transplant.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Nope. PASP and Excel. Do you happen to know what the trend looks like and what order equation provides the best fit?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Beaver County)

Open carry. Use it or lose it. It's our right!
    'It is Their Right, It is Their Duty, To Throw Off Such Government '

Quote Originally Posted by gold eagle View Post
    Open carry. Use it or lose it. It's our right!
    same can be said for conceal. didnt texas flip from oc only to cc only? i prefer to keep it mostly concealed for bumping into things yet partly visible for easy acceas. everybody happy ccoc
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    In military terminology, it's called a Rectolinear Extraction.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast