Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Open carry meltdown

And another reason for carrying a pointy stick.

Did grandma get your phone #?
    Last edited by Gun; May 10th, 2017 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

All the dumb anti beeyatch accomplished was punishing her grandson with her stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    All the dumb anti beeyatch accomplished was punishing her grandson with her stupidity.

Yes, i thought it was rather dickish of her to punish the kid because she couldn't deal with seeing a holstered pistol.

This makes me wonder what she (and folks like her) thinks about Pennsylvania having roughly 1 in 12 residents having a license to carry?

I never understood the people who freak out at the sight of a holstered pistol, but seem completely fine with almost 10 percent of everyone around them having a license to carry.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    Yes, i thought it was rather dickish of her to punish the kid because she couldn't deal with seeing a holstered pistol.
    I forgot to add, there is no reason for you to feel bad.

Maybe pity for the poor kid that probably doesn't stand a chance.

(York County)

This makes me wonder what she (and folks like her) thinks about Pennsylvania having roughly 1 in 12 residents having a license to carry?

I never understood the people who freak out at the sight of a holstered pistol, but seem completely fine with almost 10 percent of everyone around them having a license to carry.
    Yeah, I've always found it ironic that carrying concealed is somehow considered "better" then OC.
    DGAF

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Yeah, I've always found it ironic that carrying concealed is somehow considered "better" then OC.
    I am on the fence about open carry. Personally I would never do it. I have seen situations where someone reacted negatively to a person open carrying and yes, I have seen situations where I actually thought the person open carrying was a dumbass. Almost seems some do it for other reasons than personal protection. You have to understand that you will never in a million years convince anyone like that, that what you are doing is right.

I CC everywhere except for the range. I don't have time to explain to someone why I am open carrying and damned sure don't have time to convince them it is my right, and I realize the best thing for everyone involved is if I conceal it and be done with it.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Str8liner View Post
    I am on the fence about open carry. Personally I would never do it. I have seen situations where someone reacted negatively to a person open carrying and yes, I have seen situations where I actually thought the person open carrying was a dumbass. Almost seems some do it for other reasons than personal protection. You have to understand that you will never in a million years convince anyone like that, that what you are doing is right.

I CC everywhere except for the range. I don't have time to explain to someone why I am open carrying and damned sure don't have time to convince them it is my right, and I realize the best thing for everyone involved is if I conceal it and be done with it.
    Good thing we all have a choice. I have oced for reasons other than protection. I know many others have as well. I also know dumbasses who cc.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Good thing we all have a choice. I have oced for reasons other than protection. I know many others have as well. I also know dumbasses who cc.
    ^Straight outta Compton

I OC for a lot of reasons. As a kid we always OC'd around the country because there are so many weird rules about CC. It comes natural to me. Whenever I concealed a gun I was doing something wrong. I OC because I came out of Jersey like a *** coming out of the closet, with a running start and a flying leap. And sometimes I like the idea of the look, like at a BBQ with friends. Yeah, I'm showing off, although I usually don't think about it unless I see a license plate from Jersey.

The tactical advantages and disadvantages, that is plowed ground. The only funny thing is that the reasons given on both sides of the argument are mostly nonsense. Most people do not know the true benefits and risks of OC, and that includes every truly educated and skilled firearms instructor I have ever met. Everybody just parrots the same crap they heard somewhere.

It's about 1 out of 7 or 1 out of 8 now.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    ^Straight outta Compton

I OC for a lot of reasons. As a kid we always OC'd around the country because there are so many weird rules about CC. It comes natural to me. Whenever I concealed a gun I was doing something wrong. I OC because I came out of Jersey like a *** coming out of the closet, with a running start and a flying leap. And sometimes I like the idea of the look, like at a BBQ with friends. Yeah, I'm showing off, although I usually don't think about it unless I see a license plate from Jersey.

The tactical advantages and disadvantages, that is plowed ground. The only funny thing is that the reasons given on both sides of the argument are mostly nonsense. Most people do not know the true benefits and risks of OC, and that includes every truly educated and skilled firearms instructor I have ever met. Everybody just parrots the same crap they heard somewhere.

It's about 1 out of 7 or 1 out of 8 now.
    That's a pleasant surprise of new information.

*When I see Jersey or NY plates, I get a little enthused about a possible 're-education'.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast