Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Forgot to change my addrss on my DV License

WalMart had another Axis II in 243 for $199 so I figured I'd grab it. However after filling out the form I realized I never got the address on my license changed after moving. They said I couldn't buy the gun until I did. In all honesty though my old address is still sort of my current address. I don't live there full time but could if I wanted. It's the address to my family's property in Wayne Co. I store belongings there and stay there when I go hunting or fishing up there. I could move back there anytime and have the keys. Could I consider that a dual address?

Default Re: Forgot to change my addrss on my DV License

If you tell me that isn't your current address I won't initiate the background check. It's happened several times, I have people go on their smartphones update their addy on the dmv website, takes 5min and costs nothing. Once I see it done, I initiate the check w the PSP.

+1 just change it. Simple and quick online, print out the temporary change card. Only takes a few mins.

When I worked at a LGS I wouldn't run a PICS check if the address on the form didn't match the ID. Your address is where you physically live, not where you could live, have lived before, or where your camp is. I'm sure you could lie, but that would be illegal.

(Jefferson County)

No such thing as a "dual address", except for some college students and some military personnel.

You either live at one location or the other.

By law you have 10 or 15 days to change your drivers license to the new address from the moment of creating residency there. Your DL/photo ID has to match your residence.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Impulse buy anyway. After I thought about it I should just save up for a 7mm08 or 357 which is what I really want.