Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default home based ffl's will no longer be issued

Death of the Kitchen Counter FFL: No New Licenses, and Distributors Stop Shipping

There was a time in this country when you could have firearms shipped straight to your door.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 put a stop to that for the most part, implementing the current Federal Firearms Licensing system that we see today and requiring firearms to be shipped to dealers and not directly to end users.

Some enterprising people decided to sign up as “gun dealers” themselves with their home address as their “place of business,” allowing them to order guns directly from distributors (at reduced prices) and even own post-sample machine guns (with the proper paperwork).

We’ve been hearing for some time that the ATF is putting an end to the availability of home FFLs, but now it looks like distributors are following suit.

The latest from the ATF is that home-based FFLs will continue to be valid and may be renewed, but new ones will not be issued. Those wishing to obtain an FFL must actually be “in the business” of selling firearms — however the ATF chooses to define that phrase — with a proper storefront and everything.

Things get worse, though. Word comes from Epic Tactical that RSR group will no longer be shipping firearms from their distribution center to home based FFLs.

Sales representatives with RSR Group have confirmed that after June 21st 2016 they will no longer be shipping firearms to home based FFL’s.

According to RSR Group the ATF has informed them that they will no longer issue home based FFL’s and that if the home based FFL does not renew their license it will be terminated and they cannot get it back under their residence.

However the ATF is allowing current home based FFL’s to renew their FFL’s at this time.

The ATF has been looking to eliminate these “kitchen counter FFLs” for years, and it looks like they are finally succeeding.

Not only are they eliminating the licensees through attrition, but they are now pressuring the distributors to eliminate one of the biggest incentives to maintaining that FFL.
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...stop-shipping/
    Last edited by middlefinger; June 10th, 2016 at 11:00 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: home based ffl's will no longer be issued

Good, this will finally end all the murders in Chicago.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

and shootings of police

...and the trap that was birthed in 1968 comes to maturity.

You will go to jail if you're in the business of selling firearms without an FFL. For years after 1968's Gun Control Act, ATF would actively advise folks to get an FFL just to be safe, if they liked to buy guns and trade up.

Now, after years of cracking down and discouraging small FFL's, and requiring a letter from local zoning that allows retail sales, ATF apparently is closing the trap. There will now be a large gap between "doing too many trades without having an FFL" and "doing enough business to get an FFL". You can go to jail for doing a level of business which is insufficient to qualify you get an FFL, because you aren't really in the business.

How Orwellian.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Good, this will finally end all the murders in Chicago.
    Yep....they just keep going after the law abiding citizens day after day......They don't give one rats ass about crime.....in fact They're importing it by the millions....intentionally. Same with terror.

Don't believe?? Go to the Bucks County website.....Go to Bench warrants under sheriff......There are THOUSANDS......Check out the % from south of the Border.....Eyeopening.....Yep...YAY ! for sanctuary cities.
    Last edited by PocketProtector; June 10th, 2016 at 11:35 AM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Monroe County)

I don't think it's the atf but that distributor looking for an excuse not to sell.to smaller guy's. Because the big guys bitching about them getting the same prices because even though they are big they do the same amount of orders.
    So they blame the atf. If it was them this letter would be everywhere.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Perry County)

Many distributors are this way. Some of them required I submit photos of my store in order to do business with them. There are still many more that don't care. Not that it matters, I can't compete with 1000 unit dealers anyway. I can literally buy cheaper through Gunbroker than I can through my distributors. Once in a while, a distributor will run a sale that allows me to compete.

Glad I didn't let my FFL go at renewal, I thought about it because it seems to cost me more money than I ever make with it. It doesn't help that I keep half of what I buy for resale because I decide it's too cool to sell. At least for a couple of years until I'm bored with it.

Maybe a President Trump can reverse the ATFs crunch. It would be nice to see an EO that directs ATF to issue an FFL to anyone with minimal interference.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Wonder if (when) this will affect FFL's with small shops on their own property.
    Very common in rural areas.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Wyoming County)

Apparently "The Truth About Guns" is as credible as reading the "National Enquirer". Take it for what it's worth. Yeah I believe the RSR part is factual. The ATF part, ehhh not so much. We'll see.

ETA: I'm a HB FFL, having just received it all of 7 months ago. Maybe I got lucky, maybe TTAG is half full of shit.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Centre County)

"Sales representatives with RSR Group have confirmed that after June 21st 2016 they will no longer be shipping firearms to home based FFL’s."

This statement is true. RSR has made that decision. FFL's on sites for FFLs only have been discussing this for several days now.

"According to RSR Group the ATF has informed them that they will no longer issue home based FFL’s and that if the home based FFL does not renew their license it will be terminated and they cannot get it back under their residence."

This statement is false, it is either someone at RSR trying to "explain away/shift the focus" from them to someone else about their stopping selling to HB dealers. Or, an ATF idiot was shooting off at the mouth without knowledge or authority, either or both statements leading to a highly suspect rumor. Also, they are not stopping all sales to HB FFL's just firearms. All the other stuff they sell can be bought and delivered to HB FFL's. And some HB dealers are not being dropped by RSR for firearms sales, it is on a case by case basis whether they are dropped or not.

I am a home based FFL and I contacted my ATF IOI (Industry Operations Investigator) and she said there is no truth to the statement about HB FFL's not being allowed.

There were so many blatantly false statements in the TTAG that most, other than the liberals, give it no credence at all. In fact there are a good number of FFLs, both small and large (me included) that have written to their US Representatives and Senators asking why the BATFE hasn't considered prosecuting the makers of TTAG because they broke many firearms laws in making this "report" and admitted to breaking the laws. We asked why nothing was being done to them whereas if you or I did what they did, we'd already be sitting in jail with a million dollar bail. We'll see what the answer is but we already know that Hollyweird and the MSM is given free rein.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast