Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Confrontation with a crazy person today

Quote Originally Posted by WoollyPullover View Post
    Roid rage
    ^ that.

Next time tell him to leave or you'll call his probation officer. ....trust me, he probably has one.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Montgomery County)

What this has to do with concealed carry is that I was carrying. I was trying to back away while he was going off the wall. Had he started throwing punches I would have tried to get away from the situation as quickly as possible. If he had pursued after me, I may have drawn my firearm.( I would have drawn if he had thrown punches only however.)

(Berks County)

I didn't realize that EM picked up his crew this far east...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Impulse1215 View Post
    Today I was coming outside of a gas station in Norristown Pa.For any of you that I know of norristown, than you know how completely shitty it is. Anyway as I exited the gas station there was about 7 hispanics standing on the curb. My guess is that they were waiting for someone to pick them up for work. Do to the fact that they did not want to get out of the way I had to step off from the sidewalk to walk around them. When I stepped off I was walking on the parking lots "no parking fire marshal lane", which is on front of just about every building, in order to keep people from blocking the front of the building in case there is a fire. This was vehicles aren't in the way of the fireman as they try to fight a fire if need be. During the brief period I was walking in the lane stepping back over to the sidewalk a man pulled up beeping his horn practically almost hitting me. He verbally said a few things to me basically calling me and idiot and a scumbag for apparently blocking him as he tried to park in a place he is not even supposed to be parking. After all those things he had said, I just commented back," this is not a parking spot". He then became very aggressive jumped out the car, slammed the door and charged me. He ran at me got it my face, threatened to beat my ass. Luckily there was a police officer just coming around the corner, so I took his shit for about 10 seconds until he flipped the lights and siren's backing away. Had the cop not showed up I do t know what else may have happened. I also want to add that this guy was jacked he was a big boy, had he started throwing fists I do t think I would have stood a chance.
    Maybe he had his family in his car and they were all horrified when they saw you coming outside a gas station. Is it possible the cop flipped the lights and siren at you?
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

(Bucks County)

Today I was coming outside of a gas station in Norristown Pa.For any of you that I know of norristown, than you know how completely shitty it is. Anyway as I exited the gas station there was about 7 hispanics standing on the curb. My guess is that they were waiting for someone to pick them up for work. Do to the fact that they did not want to get out of the way I had to step off from the sidewalk to walk around them. When I stepped off I was walking on the parking lots "no parking fire marshal lane", which is on front of just about every building, in order to keep people from blocking the front of the building in case there is a fire. This was vehicles aren't in the way of the fireman as they try to fight a fire if need be. During the brief period I was walking in the lane stepping back over to the sidewalk a man pulled up beeping his horn practically almost hitting me. He verbally said a few things to me basically calling me and idiot and a scumbag for apparently blocking him as he tried to park in a place he is not even supposed to be parking. After all those things he had said, I just commented back," this is not a parking spot". He then became very aggressive jumped out the car, slammed the door and charged me. He ran at me got it my face, threatened to beat my ass. Luckily there was a police officer just coming around the corner, so I took his shit for about 10 seconds until he flipped the lights and siren's backing away. Had the cop not showed up I do t know what else may have happened. I also want to add that this guy was jacked he was a big boy, had he started throwing fists I do t think I would have stood a chance.
    Oh come on...you could have totally pointed behind him and said "Hey, what's that"? Then ran...Geesh, use your head next time.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Northampton County)

Makes no difference if he was bigger than you, or if he was bigger and yer a senior citizen and disabled, or if he had 2 friends with just as big, you can't pull yer gun. Get familiar with Stand Yer Ground and Disparity of Force. Did he have a weapon?

(2.3) An actor who is not engaged in a criminal activity, who is not in illegal possession of a firearm and who is attacked in any place where the actor would have a duty to retreat under paragraph (2)(ii) has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his ground and use force, including deadly force, if:

(i) the actor has a right to be in the place where he was attacked;

(ii) the actor believes it is immediately necessary to do so to protect himself against death, serious bodily injury, kidnapping or sexual intercourse by force or threat; and

(iii) the person against whom the force is used displays or otherwise uses:

(A) a firearm or replica of a firearm as defined in 42 Pa.C.S. § 9712 (relating to sentences for offenses committed with firearms); or

(B) any other weapon readily or apparently capable of lethal use.
    http://lawofselfdefense.com/statute/...lf-protection/

also see http://pa4sp.org/

(Montgomery County)

Draw your gun and maybe ask him if he's sure he wants to do this, if he continues to advance, take him out. I'm and seventy two year old amputee and any threat to my well being will be met with deadly force.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by CB57 View Post
    Makes no difference if he was bigger than you, or if he was bigger and yer a senior citizen and disabled, or if he had 2 friends with just as big, you can't pull yer gun. Get familiar with Stand Yer Ground and Disparity of Force. Did he have a weapon?

http://lawofselfdefense.com/statute/...lf-protection/

also see http://pa4sp.org/
    This is less of a "stand your ground" issue and more of a justification of deadly force issue.

Would a reasonable person believe that the OP could had ensured his "complete safety" by retreating?

From the link you posted:

(2) The use of deadly force is not justifiable under this section unless the actor believes that such force is necessary to protect himself against death, serious bodily injury, kidnapping or sexual intercourse compelled by force or threat; nor is it justifiable if:

(i) the actor, with the intent of causing death or serious bodily injury, provoked the use of force against himself in the same encounter; or

(ii) the actor knows that he can avoid the necessity of using such force with complete safety by retreating, except the actor is not obliged to retreat from his dwelling or place of work, unless he was the initial aggressor or is assailed in his place of work by another person whose place of work the actor knows it to be.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by tglee View Post
    This is less of a "stand your ground" issue and more of a justification of deadly force issue.

Would a reasonable person believe that the OP could had ensured his "complete safety" by retreating?

From the link you posted:

(2) The use of deadly force is not justifiable under this section unless the actor believes that such force is necessary to protect himself against death, serious bodily injury, kidnapping or sexual intercourse compelled by force or threat; nor is it justifiable if:

(i) the actor, with the intent of causing death or serious bodily injury, provoked the use of force against himself in the same encounter; or

(ii) the actor knows that he can avoid the necessity of using such force with complete safety by retreating, except the actor is not obliged to retreat from his dwelling or place of work, unless he was the initial aggressor or is assailed in his place of work by another person whose place of work the actor knows it to be.
    That's the kind of answer I like. No fooling around like most of the answers. Good use of reason and clarity.

With great power, comes with great responsibility!

As an LTCF holder, I carry everyday, I trained myself like not carrying. Avoid every situations as possible, big or small. I will not use my firearms!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast