Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Gander Mountain Going Out of Business - NATIONWIDE

Got a $30 gift card I have to make sure to use. The GM in Warrington hasn't even been open long. Weird. Brand new building. Oh well, ill poke my head in this week.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    If the knock against dicks is that they were anti-black rifle for a time, consider that gander mountain did not carry any "tactical" firearms up until roughly 2008. The corporate mgmt was very much against it up until that time.
    That's understating what Dick's did. The knock on "Dicks" isn't because they chose not to carry black rifles.

(EM or somebody else can better elaborate) It's because they ran a Black Friday special on AR's and a lot of people ordered them. Then after the tragedy they cancelled those orders even though they had the rifles in inventory. They then later transferred them to their sister store "Field & Stream"(?) and sold them at marked up prices.

If they didn't want to carry them fine, Walmart has to the best of my knowledge stopped carrying them (at least at my store). That's cool! But Dicks actually screwed people that had already bought the guns out of their purchase, and then the corp family company profited from the higher prices

and now you know......the rest of the story
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    I might go back to see if their store furniture prices came down for a couple clothes racks for camp.
    Didn't think of that... wonder if they will have anything that could make a good large scale rifle display once the York store nears closing up. Depending on what prices people report I was thinking of heading by there Monday to browse after the initial rush of people

Only two GM experiences. I bought a Yugo SKS on a black friday "Sale" for $425ish because no one local had anything at the time, my C&R hadn't come back yet, and I could pick it up without doing a transfer which at the time I didn't want to bother with. The fact their sale price is what everyone else sold it for was telling. Picked it up at the Harrisburg store. Went to go back to that same store because I had time back in early Feb and thought I drove by it, turns out they quietly closed it a few months later in early 2016 and I believe it is now a Giant.

Then recently I piled on the coupons and sale prices and came away with a Leupold 12x40 for like $350 shipped. They threw the packaged scope in a massive box with about a square yard of packing paper and called it good, it was bouncing around inside when I picked it up! Testament to Leupold that scope wound up okay.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Many Gander Mtn stores didn't even carry semiauto pistols.

Anyone remember when the Johnstown store opened?
    Not a single semi in the place except for shotguns.

They were anti before being anti was cool.
    Last time I was in GM in Johnstown all they had were bottom-feeders and Bond derringers. It was only a rare occasion that they had a wheel gun.

I did score a 98% H&R 999 Sportsman made in 1942 still in its wax paper wrapper and original box though for $299+tax from that store.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Luzerne County)

A buddy told me Camper World bought them out.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Tioga County)

I guess I will mosey on down to the Muncy store if they are clearing out and see what they have. Last time in there they had about 4 K31 rifles on the rack and would not mind another one.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    A buddy told me Camper World bought them out.
    Ing not er, and is your buddy empty mag in post 13?

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by tacogewehr View Post
    Didn't think of that... wonder if they will have anything that could make a good large scale rifle display once the York store nears closing up. Depending on what prices people report I was thinking of heading by there Monday to browse after the initial rush of people

Only two GM experiences. I bought a Yugo SKS on a black friday "Sale" for $425ish because no one local had anything at the time, my C&R hadn't come back yet, and I could pick it up without doing a transfer which at the time I didn't want to bother with. The fact their sale price is what everyone else sold it for was telling. Picked it up at the Harrisburg store. Went to go back to that same store because I had time back in early Feb and thought I drove by it, turns out they quietly closed it a few months later in early 2016 and I believe it is now a Giant.

Then recently I piled on the coupons and sale prices and came away with a Leupold 12x40 for like $350 shipped. They threw the packaged scope in a massive box with about a square yard of packing paper and called it good, it was bouncing around inside when I picked it up! Testament to Leupold that scope wound up okay.
    The manager in Greensburg told me the ATF didn't allow them to take a C&R.
    Then after I questioned him he said it was company policy.
    Then he made a loud proclamation in front of a pile of customers that he wouldn't illegally sell me a handgun without doing paperwork.
    This turned into a laugh fest by him and his stupider than dogshit employees.

Good for the place.

The big kids just announced yesterday that the local store will not close. With it being about half cleaned out is there a possibility that this was nothing more than a sales ploy? The sale prices never got below 40% off and that was on winter/hunting clothes, the rest of the stock was 10-20%. Most of the good selling items were still at 10% before the announcement.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    Got a $30 gift card I have to make sure to use. The GM in Warrington hasn't even been open long. Weird. Brand new building. Oh well, ill poke my head in this week.
    From what I recall they built a lot of new places while everybody knew they were going out of business. They must have some sort of scam going to get top management and the board golden parachutes. The only thing that confuses me is why construction contractors would work for them and supply them. We even knew they were going down and we are not in the business. Probably worked out some complicated guarantees or bonds or something.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast