Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default AR-15 OC in Reading.

http://www.readingeagle.com/news/art...late=mobileart

A man carrying firearms along Lancaster Avenue Tuesday raised a few eyebrows - including those of some Reading police officers.
    But he wasn't breaking any laws.

the man had an AR-15 rifle strapped to his back and a large stainless steel revolver on his side.

"I think creating a situation that you know will cause panic should be a punishable offense," the mayor said. "What would have happened if someone who didn't know the laws thought he was protecting everyone and grabbed him? What would have happened then?"-Reading Mayor former judge.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: AR-15 OC in Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    "I think creating a situation that you know will cause panic should be a punishable offense," the mayor said. "What would have happened if someone who didn't know the laws thought he was protecting everyone and grabbed him? What would have happened then?"-Reading Mayor former judge.
    Then that person should be charged with assault or other applicable charge.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Then that person should be charged with assault or other applicable charge.
    But they didn't know the laws. So apparently this former judge thinks ignorance is an excuse.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Allegheny County)

"What would have happened if someone who didn't know the laws thought he was protecting everyone and grabbed him? What would have happened then?"-Reading Mayor former judge.
    That doesn't even make sense.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Deputy Police Chief James J. Marasco Jr. said the department received multiple calls from concerned people after the man entered a restaurant on Lancaster Avenue about 11:30 a.m.

"As soon as officers got there they recognized the individual. He is someone we are familiar with who likes to bring attention to the Second Amendment right to bear arms," Marasco said. "He has done this before and was not doing anything illegal."
    It helps to be famous.

At least he was carrying it on his back. In front, most people have their hands on the pistol grip with their index finger pointing forward. To me, that is an offensive posture, much like if I OC my Sig and keep my hand on the pistol grip. Not cool, and more often than not, poor representation for gun owners.
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

(Lancaster County)

Fucking progressives and their "What ifs". I'm assuming the mayor is a progressive, from the "What if" and thinking another law will correct something he doesn't like.
    What if what if what if what if
    There should be a law a law a law

Fuck you mayor

(Northampton County)

On his back? I don't give a shit. I see people walking into town with rifles all the time during hunting season. Is it the blackness that got their panties in a bunch?

I have always said, I will OC a rifle for any reason. They can suck my dick. But I will not do it for no reason. It's not our custom. No idea what this guy was up to. But GL is right. When you show up with a sidearm, people assume it is for defense. When you show up with a toolbox, people don't assume you have it just in case. They assume you are there to fix something. When you show up with a rifle, people don't assume you have that just in case, either, people assume there is a reason for it. When you show up with a rifle at low ready, or have 20 people run into Crackerbarrel with them, you are a being a douchebag.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Chester County)

It sounds like this happened on April 2nd.

The Second of every month is apparently a National Second Amendment Awareness Day. Some folks OC on that day in a peaceful, non-threatening way (If such a thing is possible :-) ) and hand out their OC pamphlets and have calm, meaningful discussions regarding the 2nd Amendment with the general population.

Not sure if that is the case here.

"I think creating a situation that you know will cause panic should be a punishable offense," the mayor said.
    Liberals have panicked over Pop Tarts and mere shadows before...I think panicking or causing a mass panic over nothing should be a punishable offense.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast