Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: AR-15 OC in Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Liberals have panicked over Pop Tarts and mere shadows before...I think panicking or causing a mass panic over nothing should be a punishable offense.
    Just using the word "Pop" in "Pop Tarts" could be a "triggering" offence....
    - bamboomaster

(Berks County)

Because the Mayor is into asking "what if"....how about "what if" his drunk driving daughter (also a district judge) killed somebody while driving? What if?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAcarrier View Post
    At least he was carrying it on his back. In front, most people have their hands on the pistol grip with their index finger pointing forward. To me, that is an offensive posture, much like if I OC my Sig and keep my hand on the pistol grip. Not cool, and more often than not, poor representation for gun owners.
    I agree that open carry of a long gun, like open carry of a handgun, is properly done without holding the firearm in one's hands. I have zero problem with someone walking around with a securely holstered pistol. I have a lot problem with someone walking around with a pistol in his hand (absent an immediate deadly threat).

Similarly, a rifle or shotgun should be slung or scabbarded, not carried around by hand. Single-point slings are also questionable since I rarely see someone able to control a firearm on a single-point sling without using a hand to supplement it.

You want to OC a modern sporting rifle? Fine by me. But don't fondle it in public.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Montgomery County)

article.jpg

I don't have a subscription to the Eagle, so I never read the full article until just now. One of my facebook friends posted this.

It was yesterday.

(Berks County)

Well, while I support the 2A it's people like this that make it harder for us all. Legal yes but wise no.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Philadelphia County)

Can anyone on here honestly say that if they were sitting in that restaurant, they would not have increased their situational awareness ?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Can anyone on here honestly say that if they were sitting in that restaurant, they would not have increased their situational awareness ?
    I'd ask him if it has one of those 30 round clip magazines, and the shoulder thingy that goes up.

?case law, ignorance is an excuse now? the hillary/huma/weiner exemption. maybe GL will swoop in shortly to confirm or deny the ability to win a case on that.

he was reckless, but it is something people SHOULD be used to seeing and omg think of the children.
    yeah... think of the children who should already be more familiar with firearms than the mayor seems to be.

Edit: nothing wrong with increased situational awareness, but i've only ever gotten nervous when facing the bang end, or being around someone dumb enough to look down their own bang end, sweep their bang end around haphazardly. etc... you know, SGL stuff.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Well, while I support the 2A it's people like this that make it harder for us all. Legal yes but wise no.
    What is a right you shouldn't exercise?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post

It definitely would have upped my SA. Which is a good thing. I'm far too complacent most of the time.

I've had friends ask me (in discussions about others open carrying) "how do I know if he's a good guy with a gun or a bad guy with a gun"? The answer is you don't know for sure; but he could just as easily be a bad guy with a concealed gun as a bad guy with an openly displayed gun, and then you'd likely be worse off if things went south because you wouldn't have been as alert to the potential threat.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast