Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: Dorney Park adds metal detectors

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I am from Lee County, Florida. Cubans nor New Yorkers are responsible for us not being able to open carry there. Otherwise, 50 years ago, it would have been legal to open carry anywhere. However......In Florida, you can legally open carry a loaded firearm while engaged in, or going to and from, Fishing, Hunting, and Camping.
    Having lived in FL from Aug 1980 to the mid 1990's(legally until 2000), I can tell you that FL is not as gun friendly as some folks like to believe. FL is full of transplants from anti-gun areas, and that is how they vote. I'm not sure how FL hasn't become New York State of the South. The urban areas are completely liberal, and that is where most of their population is located.

50 years ago open and concealed carry was illegal in FL, and it wasn't until the late 1980's that carrying outside of one's home was made legal due to a court ruling. (open carry was legal for a few short months because the carry law was found to be unconstitutional, then FL made new law for licensed concealed carry, which then prohibited OC except for sporting purposes)

Florida's Jim Crow era anti-carry laws from the late 1800's was in effect until that court ruling above. But with the implementation of the 14th Amendment, they had to enforce the law against all to keep it from being a racial matter.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

I only go to KNOEBELS for years now, you won't catch me at those other rip off prisons. The fact that they added metal detectors tells you they are acknowledging they have issues with some patrons. I took my sons to Six Flags in Jersey about 15-20 years ago and I have never been back, between the special folks who start fights, cut lines and run their mouths non stop the prices were a rip off and I won't go into the crap food. Private property can make all the rules they want, they will lose the good patrons and only have the problem children eventually until they close down.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    No way would go there. Scum filled pit of hell.
    Not knowing any better, we went there several years ago for a company event. Maybe we were there on a bad day, but the entire place was over run with ferrule urban youths by the bus load.

No thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123