Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Mifflin County)

Default Re: Dorney Park adds metal detectors

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    I have a different view. I'm *not* fine with that,
    So, your rights are more important than that property owner's rights? Gotcha.

I have a different view. I'm *not* fine with that, even though I rarely go there. Being fine with anti-gun policies in places we never go results in anti-gun policies creeping into places we do go. I'm not fine with anti-gun movement *winning* anywhere, even if it is in place I don't go or live. This is similar to folks who are 'fine' with NJ gun laws, because they never go there anyway. Well, more and more New Jerseyans are moving into Pennsylvania. They will bring their anti gun sentiments here, and infect the state by voting for anti-gun laws and politicians.
    While I am not fine with the regulations, I am fine with an owner of an establishment being able to make decisions like this. It's their property.

(Berks County)

No way would go there. Scum filled pit of hell.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    No way would go there. Scum filled pit of hell.
    That's where normal folks (and sadly some bangers also) go to cool off during the summer...leaving your shiv's outside on this slice of private property (1 mile from the granddad's house) is not a bad rule...

Baltimore ought to have one of these - sure beats having the highest per-capita murder rate in the US...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...g-murder-rate/

Baltimore’s mayor is turning to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for help as the city is struggling to deal with its rising murder rate.
    The number of homicides in Baltimore has skyrocketed, with the total number of murders reaching 100 before the end of April for the first time in 20 years, prompting the mayor to ask the FBI for more help, CNN reported.

In 2014, it took until July 4 for Baltimore to reach 100 murders in a year, according to the Baltimore Sun.

“I’m calling on all the assistance we can possibly get because I can’t imagine going into our summer months with our crime rate where it is today, what that’s going to look like by the end of the summer,” Mayor Catherine Pugh said.

“Murder is out of control,” she added.

Pugh met with the special agent in charge of the FBI’s Baltimore division and other officials to discuss how federal law enforcement officials can help city police with personnel and technical expertise, but did not provide specifics on the meeting, WJZ reported.

Anthony McCarthy, Pugh’s press secretary, told WBFF the mayor plans to make an announcement sometime next week about when or if the FBI will expand their presence in Baltimore.

The violent crime is only expected to get worse as warmer weather approaches.

In 2016, Baltimore experienced the highest number of murders in July, with 36 homicides on record.

The shrinking of the city’s police force has also contributed to the spike in crime.

The number of officers in the city’s police force has reportedly reached its lowest level since the year 2000, and the force is struggling to bring in new officers.

“You get in a crisis mode like we’re in right now with crime out of control and not enough uniformed officers on the street, I would say it’s at a crisis point,” said Baltimore police union head Lt. Gene Ryan.

Kind of like a "safe zone" for future leeches/voters of America?????
    - bamboomaster

(Berks County)

Sorry, not talking about Joe Regular, talking about the bangers which seem to be multiplying.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

I have a different view. I'm *not* fine with that, even though I rarely go there. Being fine with anti-gun policies in places we never go results in anti-gun policies creeping into places we do go. I'm not fine with anti-gun movement *winning* anywhere, even if it is in place I don't go or live. This is similar to folks who are 'fine' with NJ gun laws, because they never go there anyway. Well, more and more New Jerseyans are moving into Pennsylvania. They will bring their anti gun sentiments here, and infect the state by voting for anti-gun laws and politicians.
    You are 100 percent on point. And here in Florida especially South Florida the influx of New Yorkers and even Cubans who had no rights are coming to south FL with their anti gun sentiments. We cannot open carry because of assholes like that. Everytime it comes up for legislation it is shot down.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I'm no fan of gun free zones. I am *slightly* (99/100) less offended when they actually use metal detectors, because that will tend to discourage *some* bad guys. Not the ones willing to shoot the guys running the machines, of course, but some...

Put up some real security - trained, armed personnel and genuine scanning at all entrances - and I *may* be comfortable letting someone else watch my six for a special event, but that's hard to find besides a courthouse, and I don't generally go there for events.

My 2¢
    And of course there's still the walk from your car and back...

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    While I am not fine with the regulations, I am fine with an owner of an establishment being able to make decisions like this. It's their property.
    Fair point. Property rights are paramount, and are the essence of the theory of natural rights. I believe it is a consistent position to hold both views: 1) property owners have the right to decide what they do with their property (including banning guns, whites, asians, blacks, gays, military members, and people wearing sandels on their property). 2) I am not *fine* with anti-gun folks passing gun bans on their own property, just as I'm not *fine* with property owners banning blacks from their stores.

Jones has a right to be a lecher, I can still disapprove of his chosen lifestyle while also defending his right to be a lecher.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
    You are 100 percent on point. And here in Florida especially South Florida the influx of New Yorkers and even Cubans who had no rights are coming to south FL with their anti gun sentiments. We cannot open carry because of assholes like that. Everytime it comes up for legislation it is shot down.
    I am from Lee County, Florida. Cubans nor New Yorkers are responsible for us not being able to open carry there. Otherwise, 50 years ago, it would have been legal to open carry anywhere. However......In Florida, you can legally open carry a loaded firearm while engaged in, or going to and from, Fishing, Hunting, and Camping.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Lackawanna County)

Dorney Park has become a scum hole. Knoebles is the only park I patronize anymore . . .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast