Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Dorney Park adds metal detectors

http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/m...501-story.html

Visitors to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom's season opener Saturday found something new but it wasn't a ride or added attraction — they found metal detectors.

Walk-through metal detectors were added to the South Whitehall Township park's security measures for the new season. It's part of a corporate-wide program underway by all 11 amusements parks operated by Dorney's parent company, Cedar Fair L.P.

"It's one element of our screening process," said Caitlin Stibitz, Dorney Park spokeswoman.

On Dorney's website, the park details what visitors can expect from the added security measures. The website warns that the enhanced security procedures at the front gate of the park "may results in slight delays while entering the park."

According to the park's website: "Guests arriving at the park may be subject to being electronically scanned by walk-through metal detection. All bags, purses, backpacks, waist packs, etc. may be subject to a brief examination prior to entering Outside food or beverages, large or soft coolers, glass containers, sharp objects (including pocket knives and metal chains), firearms, or other items that could be considered a weapon are strictly prohibited. We encourage guests to leave any unnecessary items at home or secured within your vehicle."

(Berks County)

Default Re: Dorney Park adds metal detectors

That's fine with me since I don't patronize such places! Hershey Park is another rip off operation!

(Lycoming County)

I'll continue to give knobels my summer fun business as usual, and carry as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by loknload View Post
    That's fine with me since I don't patronize such places! Hershey Park is another rip off operation!
    I have a different view. I'm *not* fine with that, even though I rarely go there. Being fine with anti-gun policies in places we never go results in anti-gun policies creeping into places we do go. I'm not fine with anti-gun movement *winning* anywhere, even if it is in place I don't go or live. This is similar to folks who are 'fine' with NJ gun laws, because they never go there anyway. Well, more and more New Jerseyans are moving into Pennsylvania. They will bring their anti gun sentiments here, and infect the state by voting for anti-gun laws and politicians.

(Northampton County)

I was going to start a thread about the PPL center adding metal detectors. I don't go there often but they were there for the Steelhawks game on Saturday night. Last time I had been there it was just the wands.

It's unfortunate that they don't have lockers. Walking back and forth through Allentown is risky and they should be able to accommodate legal carriers.

(Berks County)

American1776,,,,,
    I have a different view. I'm *not* fine with that, even though I rarely go there. Being fine with anti-gun policies in places we never go results in anti-gun policies creeping into places we do go. I'm not fine with anti-gun movement *winning* anywhere, even if it is in place I don't go or live. This is similar to folks who are 'fine' with NJ gun laws, because they never go there anyway. Well, more and more New Jerseyans are moving into Pennsylvania. They will bring their anti gun sentiments here, and infect the state by voting for anti-gun laws and politicians.
    I couldn't agree more with you but as long as these greedy corporations keep buying these places up what are you gonna do about it? All they want is their money and to pack the place, they could care less about you and your rights.
    I don't go there because they rip you off.
    The same way how do we stop these nimrods moving in from NJ and NY. We can't even keep illegals out of of he country!
    Guess I'll have to write some letters to some worthless politician who really gives a rats ass? And yes I do vote!
    I know there are a few good ones out there but unfortunately what can we do to stop this shit?
    I will not step foot in NJ or NY and I have to go to Maryland because my daughter lives there or that wouldn't happen either.

(Delaware County)

... I have to go to Maryland because my daughter lives there or that wouldn't happen either.
    Some would suggest you didn't raise her right...

(Delaware County)

I'm no fan of gun free zones. I am *slightly* (99/100) less offended when they actually use metal detectors, because that will tend to discourage *some* bad guys. Not the ones willing to shoot the guys running the machines, of course, but some...

Put up some real security - trained, armed personnel and genuine scanning at all entrances - and I *may* be comfortable letting someone else watch my six for a special event, but that's hard to find besides a courthouse, and I don't generally go there for events.

My 2¢

(Berks County)

Have to, married to a Marine and works out of the area. His work is specialized!

I couldn't agree more with you but as long as these greedy corporations keep buying these places up what are you gonna do about it? All they want is their money and to pack the place, they could care less about you and your rights.
    I don't go there because they rip you off.
    The same way how do we stop these nimrods moving in from NJ and NY. We can't even keep illegals out of of he country!
    Guess I'll have to write some letters to some worthless politician who really gives a rats ass? And yes I do vote!
    I know there are a few good ones out there but unfortunately what can we do to stop this shit?
    I will not step foot in NJ or NY and I have to go to Maryland because my daughter lives there or that wouldn't happen either.
    Fair enough. We both agree on this

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast