Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Springfield Armory & Rock River Arms SOLD US OUT!

I think the Springfield tee shirt needs to be redesigned from "Bring Enough Gun" to "Bring Enough Public Relations People."

It's a marketing disaster that was pretty boneheaded given the nature of gun owners. We can be the most loyal people in the world to a brand but then turn on you in the blink of an eye if we feel betrayed. I have 3 SA pistols that I really like and have recommended them to friends and family. Not sure if I will from here on out.

I want to read some more about this before I make a decision on buying anymore SA products. Given that they are based in Illinois, one of the most corrupt states in America, I will give them the benefit of the doubt that this was a business decision. Sort of like tobacco companies being the largest contributor to anti-smoking commercials. If you live in a den of snakes, sometimes you need to act like one. Why they haven't moved to a more gun friendly state is beyond me. Lots of states would love to have them relocate and bring jobs with them, and probably throw in all kinds of tax incentives on top.

i was gonna hop on here and post how it looks like they backed away, got an email from springfield this morning
    Dear #$^%,

The 2nd Amendment urgently needs your help in Illinois!

The Illinois House of Representatives may consider Senate Bill 1657, legislation that could put state gun dealers out of business, at any time!
    It is imperative you share this with friends and family living in Illinois and strongly urge them to OPPOSE SB 1657!
    thought it was a bit ironic.

don't own any springfield but have always loved their arms. window shopping wise. $$$
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    For those interested I am willing to dispose of your Springfield or RRA weapons for you free of charge. We can meet for a FTF and I'm willing to meet you anywhere in the state. You will be given a certificate(which you can share with family and friends) indicating that you have voluntarily given up your firearm in protest of this terrible act. PM me if you're interested.
    Luckyily I don't own either with the exception of 2 RRA 9mm AR parts, it will be the last 2 I own.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    For those interested I am willing to dispose of your Springfield or RRA weapons for you free of charge. We can meet for a FTF and I'm willing to meet you anywhere in the state. You will be given a certificate(which you can share with family and friends) indicating that you have voluntarily given up your firearm in protest of this terrible act. PM me if you're interested.
    Are you kidding. If they go out of business. All these firearms will instantly become collector items and worth a mint. So, hopefully, no one buys any more. And those of us with them, will have guns that are wanted by collectors. LOL.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Are you kidding. If they go out of business. All these firearms will instantly become collector items and worth a mint. So, hopefully, no one buys any more. And those of us with them, will have guns that are wanted by collectors. LOL.
    well, for those disgusted with their rra and SA firearms, i'm happy to take them from you and give them a good thrashing, a nice abusive life, they'll be locked up whenever they're not being beaten.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    well, for those disgusted with their rra and SA firearms, i'm happy to take them from you and give them a good thrashing, a nice abusive life, they'll be locked up whenever they're not being beaten.
    No sale... I'm extremely satisfied with my RRA AR and SA Range Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    No sale... I'm extremely satisfied with my RRA AR and SA Range Officer.
    then im afraid, i'll never get an m1a. no one seems so disheartened with them to dispose of their weapons.
    ah well, i'll win the lottery eventually.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    I've got two Garands I'm sending you to abuse.

Oh, wait...same name different company you say. Well then, never mind.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I've got two Garands I'm sending you to abuse.

Oh, wait...same name different company you say. Well then, never mind.

lol

bang bang bang PING

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Or, you follow Magpul's example and tell the legislature that if they pass this ridiculous legislation then the state will no longer enjoy the taxes they generate as they'll be finding a gun friendly state to operate in.
    ^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678