Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: Springfield Armory & Rock River Arms SOLD US OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Remember , Bill Ruger was in favor of an over-15rd mag ban. Did everyone boycott Ruger firearms.

http://firearmscoalition.org/index.p...blog&Itemid=87
    I was around at the time this occurred. I don’t recall if there was a boycott or not of Ruger at that time and if there was it didn’t affect them much. The reasons for no boycott or an ineffective boycott were for the following. The only two Ruger products that were semi auto were their Mini 14 and the P85 handgun. They were not exactly the most tactical guns out there. The rest of their products were mainly revolvers and Fudd guns. Because the majority of their customers were not tactical gun buyers, a boycott launched by those in the market for tactical guns would not have affected Ruger much. It would have been overshadowed by the Fudds who were they main customer. The second reason is there was no Internet back then. Gun owners got most if not all their gun control news via gun magazines (periodicals). They only came out once a month and some did not want to piss off a gun major company by encouraging a boycott because that company as well as others will likely stop sending them guns for evaluation so the magazine editors have something to write about.

I should also mention that the NRA was not nearly as aggressive back then when it came to fighting “assault weapons bans” and magazine limitations. There periodicals still contained advertising from Sturm Ruger during this time.

(Schuylkill County)

Remember , Bill Ruger was in favor of an over-15rd mag ban. Did everyone boycott Ruger firearms.

http://firearmscoalition.org/index.p...blog&Itemid=87
    I didn't know the boycott was over. Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    I didn't know the boycott was over. Did we win?
    Well , after Bill Sr's death , you could get 20rd mags , but you still can't buy 30rd Mini-14 mags from Ruger , LE-only.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lehigh County)

Well , after Bill Sr's death , you could get 20rd mags , but you still can't buy 30rd Mini-14 mags from Ruger , LE-only.
    Sure you can.

http://shopruger.com/Mini-14-30-Roun...uctinfo/90035/
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

Ruger is shipping 30rd mags with its ARs.(in states that allow 30rd mags)

As for RRA and Springfield. I agree if you already own a Springfield or RRA product product it won't do much good to get rid of it. If you want to anyway well that is fine. Some of the stuff I've seen guys post of their RRAs (the quality, or lack thereof) the issues and the lackluster CS that alone makes me not buy any of their stuff. Then there is the fact that RRA is overpriced for what you get. Springfield never really offered anything I was interested in. Almost all their offerings have a lot of competition. The M!A Socom is a nice rifle but for the price you have a lot of options. I can do without either of them.

(Clarion County)

Being discussed over at ar15 in their industry section: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_38/28...re.html&page=1
    Part of RRA response from page 2, and it's not being well received: "RRA has been opposed to this bill (and earlier bills prior to it for more than a decade) and is still in 100% opposition to it. Both our exemption and the change in our lobbyist's position from "opposed" to "no position" were surprises to us. We found out after many of you, and have been trying to make sense of it since."
    Springfield seems not to participate there.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Lehigh County)

SA and RRA are backing down on this faster than Hillary did with NAFTA. They both claim that they are dead set against this and that it was their trade ass'n, the IFMA, that's responsible for their exemption. Right, I really believe that.

"Springfield Armory, like Rock River Arms, was not aware of the actions taken by our trade association, IFMA, until after the fact. We take this situation very seriously and are looking into how this very unfortunate lapse in communication occurred."
    https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/0...licensing-act/
    NRA Life Member

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by oldengineer View Post
    SA and RRA are backing down on this faster than Hillary did with NAFTA. They both claim that they are dead set against this and that it was their trade ass'n, the IFMA, that's responsible for their exemption. Right, I really believe that.

"Springfield Armory, like Rock River Arms, was not aware of the actions taken by our trade association, IFMA, until after the fact. We take this situation very seriously and are looking into how this very unfortunate lapse in communication occurred."
    https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/0...licensing-act/
    Which is very interesting given that the CEO of SA and the Owner of RRA are listed as officers in 2016: http://i.imgur.com/kwVWwN2.jpg

Not sure if I believe them. They both seem to blame but absolve IMFA. They need to either disband it or at least fire Keller. What happened is totally unacceptable and just "we're sorry" isn't enough to believe them, especially since it took 4 days to say so.

(Delaware County)

Gun companies dont give a fuck about the 2A. They care about profits and increasing them. They care about the 2A about as much as Burger King cares about you eating healthy.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Gun companies dont give a fuck about the 2A. They care about profits and increasing them. They care about the 2A about as much as Burger King cares about you eating healthy.
    Hey, you can get a plain garden salad w/o dressing at BK. 60 calories.
    NRA Life Member

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast