Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone used Blue Bullets?

I got a really good deal from the Blue bullet company for 9mm. Wound up being about 60/1000 for 125 grain 9mm bullets. They are coated lead. I think it's some kind of polymer or powder coating. I've used similar bullets in my .44 mag and they worked well. I bought them to shoot in my Glock 17. According to their web site they shouldn't create any problems with leading the barrel. I was wondering if anyone here has tried them. To get 10% off you had to order over 10k bullets so I hope they are good. I went in on the deal with a couple guys I shoot with. Even without the 10% off they are a really good price. As long as you order enough to fill a medium flat rate shipping box, shipping is free.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Wyoming County)

Default Re: Anyone used Blue Bullets?

That sounds like a good deal, though I've not used powdered coated bullets much.

Kings Shooters Supply sells them too. I bought some of their .300BLK bullets.

Just a quick calculation looks like your package through Kings would have been $70+$16 shipping give or take. link:http://www.kingshooters.com/catalog.php?category=112014

Don't get a hernia when you pick them up
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    That sounds like a good deal, though I've not used powdered coated bullets much.

Kings Shooters Supply sells them too. I bought some of their .300BLK bullets.

Just a quick calculation looks like your package through Kings would have been $70+$16 shipping give or take. link:http://www.kingshooters.com/catalog.php?category=112014

Don't get a hernia when you pick them up
    I converted grains to pounds and each box should weigh about 70 lbs. Post office will love me.

(Montgomery County)

Can you please keep us updated on your loads and results.

Thank You and Have a Great Day!

Dane

Well, shipping is awesome. I ordered them 4/27 and I got them yesterday. I'll try to load some up this week. I have Titegroup and Universal powder with Winchester primers. First time I've ever loaded with any other primer than Federal. I'm worried about light strikes in my competition gun.

(Montgomery County)

I use King's polymer coated bullets for reloading just about everything. 9mm, .38, .45 and 30-30. They work great. No leading in the barrel and your thumb isn't all shiny when you are done loading magazines.

(Lackawanna County)

I use the blues exclusively in 147 9mm.
    Use code benos for a discount

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Well, shipping is awesome. I ordered them 4/27 and I got them yesterday. I'll try to load some up this week. I have Titegroup and Universal powder with Winchester primers. First time I've ever loaded with any other primer than Federal. I'm worried about light strikes in my competition gun.
    Win primers are just fine. They'll run no problem. S&B primers, however, I've found to be extra hard. Light strikes in my FNX-45T and CZs.

Blue bullets have been around for a long time. They seem to get a pretty good rap.

However, keep an eye out at Xtreme Reloading. I buy their plated projectiles for $29/500 every black Friday with free shipping. They routinely have great deals. As does RMR.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

I picked up 4000 of the Blue Bullets in 9mm 147g late last year. Using 2.9 grains of titegroup under them. So far, about 1500 downrange and no issues.

Get yourself some latex gloves. There is a fair amount of loose residual coating in the boxes. Your fingers turn blue when loading them.

Be Safe and Enjoy

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by deadctr View Post
    I picked up 4000 of the Blue Bullets in 9mm 147g late last year. Using 2.9 grains of titegroup under them. So far, about 1500 downrange and no issues.

Get yourself some latex gloves. There is a fair amount of loose residual coating in the boxes. Your fingers turn blue when loading them.

Be Safe and Enjoy
    Did you shoot any of those 9mms through Polygonal rifling?

Dane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast