Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: New Mossberg Shockwave 12ga

If it had a stock, it's legally a shotgun. If you put a barrel shorter than 18" on it, you had better have a tax stamp...

(Berks County)

They go for $399 no worries about definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    They go for $399 no worries about definitions.
    Talk about stupid laws.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Anyone tried the new Mossberg shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Firearm." Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable.
    So NO.
    Good point. So since under PA law this is a "firearm", it must go through an FFL for transfer BUT it can be loaded inside a vehicle? I know there's still some grey area but important to figure out for us pennsylvanians!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Good point. So since under PA law this is a "firearm", it must go through an FFL for transfer BUT it can be loaded inside a vehicle? I know there's still some grey area but important to figure out for us pennsylvanians!
    Yes, according to a discussion I had with an attorney. BUT, LE might not think so (they might think it's an AOW or SBS), so he also said to possibly expect detention and arrest, and likely charges filed, though they would likely be dropped if you have an attorney representing you. He feels a conviction on those grounds would be also be highly unlikely. He also said that since LE might want some type of conviction, that you could be charged (and possibly convicted) under PA game law for having a loaded firearm in your vehicle, resulting in loss of hunting license.

I don't feel like being a test case though.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Yes, according to a discussion I had with an attorney. BUT, LE might not think so (they might think it's an AOW or SBS), so he also said to possibly expect detention and arrest, and likely charges filed, though they would likely be dropped if you have an attorney representing you. He feels a conviction on those grounds would be also be highly unlikely. He also said that since LE might want some type of conviction, that you could be charged (and possibly convicted) under PA game law for having a loaded firearm in your vehicle, resulting in loss of hunting license.

And this is why the previous thread about this firearm went on for 12 pages. Sorry but I would not buy one until I see an official ruling by Harrisburg and in print.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Maquis View Post
    I saw on FB yesterday that Remington is coming out with their own version.
    I saw that. Looks pretty sharp.
    At first I had zero interest now it's kind of "why not"? Lol

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I saw that. Looks pretty sharp.
    At first I had zero interest now it's kind of "why not"? Lol
    I prefer the Mossberg's safety with that style of grip. Also, its bigger ejection port makes loading from a side saddle faster and easier IMO, and I don't like the gate that Remington puts over the magazine.

That said, choices are great.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    I prefer the Mossberg's safety with that style of grip. Also, its bigger ejection port makes loading from a side saddle faster and easier IMO, and I don't like the gate that Remington puts over the magazine.

That said, choices are great.
    I agree. I like the Mossberg. I kind of garbled what I was saying.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post

That has been ruled against countless times. Game laws are only applicable when going to/from/during hunting. Otherwise, sitting on your toilet while holding a gun would constitute "hunting" by the same measure of law.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast