Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thumbs up Registration helps reduce trafficing?

NORRISTOWN, Pa. (WPVI) --
    A Montgomery County man has been charged with buying and illegally selling guns over the course of seven years.

46-year-old Alfred Dukes, Jr. of Norristown, Pa. has been charged with 18 counts of illegal sale or transfer of a firearm.

Dukes was arrested after authorities seized 19 guns in various locations, including New York City and Pennsylvania. All were purchased by and registered to Dukes between 2009 and 2016.

The weapons included six 22 caliber handguns, nine .380 caliber handguns, two 40 caliber handguns, one 25 caliber handgun and a shotgun.

Dukes was arraigned Wednesday in Montgomery County court.

He is behind bars after failing to post $350,000 cash bail.

A preliminary hearing is set for May 10.

http://6abc.com/news/montco-man-char...cking/1929125/
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Registration helps reduce trafficing?

You seem surprised by the "registered" part. Most of us have realized for a long time that the PSP illegally uses the ROS as a registration list. One corrupt branch of gov't looks away as another corrupt branch routinely violates the law.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Registration helps reduce trafficing?

Quote Originally Posted by IV_Warrior View Post
    You seem surprised by the "registered" part. Most of us have realized for a long time that the PSP illegally uses the ROS as a registration list. One corrupt branch of gov't looks away as another corrupt branch routinely violates the law.
    I understand what you are saying, but when you buy a firearm and fill out a ATF Form 4473 and the PSP form for handguns and even though the 4473 stays at the FFL's location, you have "registered" the firearm under your name with the ATF, and the ATF can do a trace on a firearm when requested by LEO's and it can lead back to the last person who filled out the 4473, in this case Mr. Dukes (who, being stupid, sold them illegally).

So without more info, you really don't know who said they were "registered" by him. If it was the ATF, it could have been determined by a trace. If by the PSP, then, well, you know (as well as I know).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member