Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NRA CarryGuard

(Bucks County)

Default Re: NRA CarryGuard

Keep in mind with all things insurance it intrinsically sounds good to have lots of coverage, but that can backfire on you when someone is looking to sue. If you have a million dollars in coverage the lawyer for the other party is going to think he can collect up to a million dollars from the insurance company that is going to be obliged to pay. That is not particularly true though if you are say run of the mill middle class and have some savings, retirement, and maybe some property. To divest you of that to pay of a judgement is a lot more difficult. Said lawyer may instead look to settle out of court for a modest sum or not even file suit at all.
    I suppose an attorney can find out what insurance is involved, but if it's a civil trial and the jury will be awarding, the jury is not allowed to know or consider available insurance or defendant's ability to pay, last I knew (Penna).

(Bucks County)

Here is a comparison for CCWSafe vs USCCA...

https://ccwsafe.com/page/compare-uscca
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Pike County)

CCWsafe looks good, and they will continue to defend you during retrials and appeals, but they provide no coverage for civil damages. Since this is a services contract, and not insurance, how hard is their lawyer going to work if they don't have any skin in the game? While USCCA's terms state that coverage ends "upon conviction", a phone rep tells me that they will reimburse the costs of a successful appeal, and then civil defense and damages coverage would be available as well. Thanks to everyone for their replies, and special thanks to GunLawyer001 for the non-endorsment/comparison of the key points in another thread. And so I think the winner is .... USCCA.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234