Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Gunshot Sensors Spot Shooters Before 911

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I'd like to know how they know direction and speed of the shooter? After the shot is fired what are these sensors detecting?
    I think they just mean in the event of a running gun battle or drive by shooting where the vehicle or persons are moving they may be able to figure out the direct the shooter is moving. Nothing they can detect after the shooting stops.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    I think they just mean in the event of a running gun battle or drive by shooting where the vehicle or persons are moving they may be able to figure out the direct the shooter is moving. Nothing they can detect after the shooting stops.
    Yes that would make sense. It was written kind of weird. Otherwise I was calling bs or wondering what else they have going on.
    So in response to such a system, shoot someone and hang around as a witness or bystander. "My gawd! Someone do something! The humanity "!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I'd like to know how they know direction and speed of the shooter? After the shot is fired what are these sensors detecting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    In Allentown the shot spotter is hooked into the camera system and will aim the camera n the direction of any shots, so a video record could be obtained of a getaway car or persons running from the scene, depending on the camera position.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Cumberland County)

Didn't anyone else pick up on the fact that Chicago is one of the cities using it? Clearly they are a total waste of $90,000 per square mile. Chicago appears to be 234 sq mile so roughly $21 Mil to operate per year. Be cheaper to arm and train all of the residents to take care of them selves.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123