Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
Well frankly, peaceful Muslims don't ignore "killing" parts of Quran. As vast majority of religious books, its open for interpretation - its not like many modern Christians endorse stoning people to death either. So they were taught the adequate interpretation of questionable verses.

I have Muslim friends (OK, maybe Muslims in name only, since they step into mosque maybe once in few years during holiday as cultural experience) and they are tremendously adequate hard working gun owners. That happened to be Trump supporters as well - they don't want the radical Islam spread in the US. They know EXACTLY what a sharia is and they don't want to abide that bullshit or see it anywhere near them, near their wives nor their daughters.
Common argument against the Bible, but stoning and other Old Testament-time laws were set aside upon the the teachings and cricification of Jesus. He instructed us that we are no longer required to follow the OT laws in regards to punishments, ceremonial (diet, etc) and other ancient customs. So the argument referencing OT laws are moot because they've been relegated to historical recordings, not current doctrine and instruction.

I'm not aware of any instruction in Islam that said to disregard any teachings on being a martyr or killing infidels...in fact many "radical" Islamists are still committing these acts in the name of Allah and Islam daily around the world. My view on these types are that they're not "radical" at all, they're actually just committed Muslims following their teachings.

The "peaceful" or "moderate" Muslims we hear about that aren't trying to convert or kill are essentially fair-weather Muslims no different than a drunk or otherwise immoral person showing up to Church to make an appearance on Sundays or just couple times a year just to say they're Catholic or Christian but ignore their faith the other 6 days of the week.

I have no problem with your friends, but they're not Muslims we need to worry about. They do not seem to be hardcore Muslims strictly following the teachings of Allah. If they were, they probably would have killed you by now.