Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default OC Muslim arrested for terroristic threats

Several non mainstream sources reported it, however I find the ammoland article the most fair and balanced. Follow the link to see the video.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2017/04/ope...#ixzz4fNvXSMlU
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

An American Muslim who open and concealed carries weapons got into trouble for a facebook live video.

He filmed and posted the video outside of a Christian event that some called “anti-Muslim”. The event occurred on April 9th, 2017.

Ehad Abdulmutta Jaber bought tickets for the event and was wearing the T-shirt pictured above. The Shirt says:

I am an American
    I am a Muslim
    I open carry
    I concealed carry
    I am only dangerous
    If you are stupid.
    Ehad entered the event wearing the shirt and openly carrying a holstered pistol. He was concealed carrying another pistol in an ankle holster. One account said he was filming the event, but he was only there for a few minutes.

Ehad was approached by a security guard and asked to leave, as firearms were prohibited at the venue. By all accounts, Ehad was asked to leave politely, and he politely left. It was after he left the venue and was inside his van in the parking lot, that he made a serious error.

He posted a live facebook video of himself, speaking of the event. Here are links to the video. I found the dailymail link easier to view, it is not a reverse image.

Ehad has First and Second Amendment rights. He says that he is an American citizen who has lived in Sioux Falls for 25 years. The T-Shirt is clearly a political statement.

The video may have been a bridge too far.

In the video, Ehad says that he was at the event. He is upset, and uses considerable profanity.

He says “And now if you really want to be scared, be scared,” he then briefly displays four semi-auto pistols, an AR-15 type rifle, and an AK type firearm that might be either a pistol or a rifle. He shows that he has ammunition. He says “be terrified”. Up to this point, the video may be taken as sarcasm....

A Police officer said that Jaber was not arrested at the rally. The officer is quoted as saying that there was no direct threat.

From kdlt.com:

“He had a lot of guns with him, but he wasn’t breaking any laws. He didn’t threaten anybody directly, he didn’t threaten any groups of people anything like that and it’s not illegal to carry guns or have guns with you,” says Officer Sam Clemens of the Sioux Falls Police Department.

Police say Jaber does have open carry and concealed carry permits. They also spoke with him, so did the FBI. Police say the information was sent to the Lincoln County State’s Attorney’s Office and no charges will be made.

“You have to have some type of specific threat or manner, just having a gun just because it alarms people doesn’t constitute a threat. That doesn’t mean you are going to harm people,” says Clemens.

But Jaber's last statement on the video may make a significant difference. His last sentence was “F*ck all ya all.”

I have written, read, and participated in open carry and Second Amendment events over considerable parts of the country. I have some sympathy for Ehad Jaber. Posting a video in the parking lot of an event that you are protesting, showing a number of legal weapons, while telling people to be scared, to be terrified, is extremely unusual and provocative.

Then to say “F*ck all ya all.” is over the line. I have never seen anyone at any of the events I attended or wrote about, or read about, tell people to be scared and terrified, as they handled weapons, or to make the F-bomb threat. Those are dozens of events over the years.

I could follow the sarcasm up to the last F-bomb. Then it became ambiguous.

After a little study, the Lincoln County AG made the decision to arrest Jaber and charge him with one count of a terrorist threat. From argusleader.com:

A man who authorities say brought weapons to an anti-Islam event earlier this month has been arrested on charges that he made a terrorist threat, according to a release from the South Dakota Attorney General.

Ehab Abdulmutta Jaber, 45, was arrested Friday and charged with one count of terrorist threat, despite an earlier indication from Sioux Falls police that the man would face no charges.

When Jaber was arrested, a search was made of his residence. Law enforcement reports that they found methamphetamine.

A SWAT team was dispatched along with local police, Forster said, but once they arrived, Jaber was taken into custody in a “standard operation.”

During a search of Jaber’s residence, the release said, law enforcement seized firearms as well as methamphetamine.

The methamphetamine find seems fortuitous for law enforcement; but it might explain the rant and poor choice of words in the facebook video.

To look at this objectively, consider if the religions were reversed. Suppose a Christian had worn the shirt with “Christian” instead of “Muslim” to a Muslim event. Suppose a Christian had made the facebook video. My experience is that the Christian would quickly have been arrested.

That is why you do not see such activity at other open carry events. There are many open carry events that you can see on the Internet. The participants are polite to the police, as was Ehab. They do not go to a van in the parking lot of an event they are protesting, and then post a video that can easily be taken as threatening.

I wish Ehad well, but fear he has made a mistake that will haunt him for the rest of his life. When you are politically active for both the First and Second Amendments, there is no room for foolish bravado.

Š2017 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice and link are included.
    Last edited by Metz; April 26th, 2017 at 03:25 PM.
    Je suis déplorable

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: OC Muslim arrested for terroristic threats

So,I guess if this Jaber guy considers people who are not muslims to be "stupid"then he is dangerous to them.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Seems to me like his informal protest at the event was more about intimidation and the spread of fear rather then trying to counter and maybe dispel any inaccurate informant about his religion. His actions only further any stereotypes these people already have.

I'm all for all American citizens carrying firearms but I'm not for bullies who want to use them for outright intimidation, or ass holes who hide behind the 1st and 2nd amendments while trying to stomp on those very same rights for others.
    Last edited by Hodgie; April 26th, 2017 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    So,I guess if this Jaber guy considers people who are not muslims to be "stupid"then he is dangerous to them.
    I guess that depends on what he defines stupid? Words, thoughts, non violence actions can all be defined as stupid so I wonder if this is what makes him become dangerous?

Or maybe it's just the meth?

(Philadelphia County)

Apparently Jabers actions were considered stupid and they garnered him a little more attention than he bargained for.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Eeghads.

"I am only dangerous
    If you are stupid."

...could be interpreted as a threat.

This man brought the negative attention upon himself. If you're concealing, don't announce it on a t-shirt, or even verbally...that's not concealing.

You also have to be aware of the situation you're walking into. I do not open carry in any venue that would make me a target, such as in a city with a greater percentage of would-be muggers/attackers/drugged-up gun-snatchers. As a Muslim man in today's environment, he needs to be aware that open carrying and making a big deal out of it with a jackass t-shirt like that could bring him some negative attention.

Also, showing up like this at a Christian event with the sole purpose of instigating and filming...you, sir are not helping yourself or anyone else...and especially the 2A. You give Muslims, activists and gun-owners all a bad name.

Then on top of that, he turned into a weeping and heavily-armed snowflake looking for attention on the internet...while making threats towards Christians...AS A MUSLIM.

So many failures by one person here.

If there is such a thing as a "peaceful" Muslim...one who's ignoring the part of their religion saying to kill me, I have no problem with them exercising their 2A rights (if they're a US citizen) and protecting their families. This jackoff is an activist attention whore who's obviously not mentally stable. Him...keep an eye on him.

And when are we going to nuke Facebook Live...it seems to be encouraging a lot of crime and now, potential terrorists lately.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; April 27th, 2017 at 10:21 AM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Pike County)

Well frankly, peaceful Muslims don't ignore "killing" parts of Quran. As vast majority of religious books, its open for interpretation - its not like many modern Christians endorse stoning people to death either. So they were taught the adequate interpretation of questionable verses.

I have Muslim friends (OK, maybe Muslims in name only, since they step into mosque maybe once in few years during holiday as cultural experience) and they are tremendously adequate hard working gun owners. That happened to be Trump supporters as well - they don't want the radical Islam spread in the US. They know EXACTLY what a sharia is and they don't want to abide that bullshit or see it anywhere near them, near their wives nor their daughters.
    Je suis déplorable

Police say Jaber does have open carry and concealed carry permits.
    OK?

''During a search of Jaber’s residence, the release said, law enforcement seized firearms as well as methamphetamine.''
    I'll bet they will try to find the search invalid.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lancaster County)

Up until the search I didn't have issue with his stunt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast