Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: How many permits would I need to carry in all 50 states?

i was going to jump in with leosa because that is the only practical way. become an officer is easier than become a federal officer.
    however, since there is no "real" way to obtain 50 state carry. start harassing the reps to get national recip. passed and to clear up any hindrances to it. like the school zone and etc. games states might try to play.
    while your at it, push the reps to support pa constitutional carry with the optional sportsmans permit that would be needed to utilize national recip.

it takes as much time to contact them as it does to post here.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    LEOSA works for me.

The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA) is a United States federal law, enacted in 2004, that allows two classes of persons - the "qualified law enforcement officer" and the "qualified retired or separated law enforcement officer" - to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the United States or United States Territories, regardless of state or local laws, with certain exceptions.

If a person meets the criteria, "notwithstanding any provisions of the law of any state or any political subdivision thereof" he or she may carry a concealed firearm in that state or political subdivision. An individual who qualifies under LEOSA does not require a state-issued permit to carry a concealed firearm.

The privilege specifically does not extend to machine guns, destructive devices, or silencers.
    ^that.

Even though I am covered by LEOSA, I support national reciprocity 100%. Drivers licenses are recognized by all 50 states, LTCFs should be too.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Blair County)

this one trucker that rents from my clams to have some federal permit that he can carry in all states and Mexico . according to him it is only for truck drivers when thousand of $ in cargo are at stake . money changes every thing

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    this one trucker that rents from my clams to have some federal permit that he can carry in all states and Mexico . according to him it is only for truck drivers when thousand of $ in cargo are at stake . money changes every thing
    I will say only this:

1. *I* am not aware of such a permit.

2. Money does seem to drive some permitting schemes.

3. It is *possible* that someone is scamming a whole lot of truckers with this...

(Blair County)

he calmed he declared all his guns when he crossed in to Mexico all loaded and ready . i know if you are a brinks driver in d.c. you can get a permit to carry while on duty
    it might be b.s he is a good story teller

Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    he calmed he declared all his guns when he crossed in to Mexico all loaded and ready . i know if you are a brinks driver in d.c. you can get a permit to carry while on duty
    it might be b.s he is a good story teller
    i'd tell him "proof or gtfo."
    brinks and etc probably have work permits like act 235, DC probably has an exemption for police officers and armored car workers.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Oh ye of little faith. I own a business in MD and do work in DC. According to the Maryland State Police being a business owner is my "Good and Substantial" reason to obtain a permit. It's also the only way I could get a non resident PA LTCF (York County) as PA doesn't recognize my MD permit.

Getting the DC was more of a pain in the ass but worth it.

I'm going to be in Harrisburg outside the Trump rally tomorrow with a group from Maryland we call the Patriot Picket. We will be holding signs in support of Free Speech and the 2A. Look us up and I'll show you both of them, I'll be holding one of the signs shown in the links below. There will be at least two other guys in our group that have MD permits, they are not as rare as people think.

Facebook link here: https://www.facebook.com/events/112096996019504/

https://www.oathkeepers.org/navyjack...harrisburg-pa/

I tried in 2001 so I don't know if things have changed since then or if they've become more inclined to approve but I was denied. I didn't own the business so maybe that made a difference, but I did manage one right outside of D.C. in which I had to take thousands in cash daily to the bank. I was straight out of the Marines at the time with a TS clearance.

I can honestly say the only thing I miss about MD is the bay.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234