Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: How many permits would I need to carry in all 50 states?

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Federal marshall's badge
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    One is right. FBI, Secret Service or Federal Marshall badge.
    But to the spirit of your question. No more than 20 state licenses or so.
    LEOSA works for me.

The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA) is a United States federal law, enacted in 2004, that allows two classes of persons - the "qualified law enforcement officer" and the "qualified retired or separated law enforcement officer" - to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the United States or United States Territories, regardless of state or local laws, with certain exceptions.

If a person meets the criteria, "notwithstanding any provisions of the law of any state or any political subdivision thereof" he or she may carry a concealed firearm in that state or political subdivision. An individual who qualifies under LEOSA does not require a state-issued permit to carry a concealed firearm.

The privilege specifically does not extend to machine guns, destructive devices, or silencers.

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    One is right. FBI, Secret Service or Federal Marshall badge.
    But to the spirit of your question. No more than 20 state licenses or so.
    20? Holy, F***. I was expecting it to be around 10 at the most. I think this is why we need to get in gear, and hold the GOP's feet to the fire and pass National Reciprocity.

(Northampton County)

Did you sign the petition?

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by CB57 View Post
    Did you sign the petition?
    I signed and sent some postcards I received from GOA. Can you send me the link to the petition?

According to my quick investigation California, New York City, and Delaware issue only to residents. So even if you are not concerned about NYC and only the state of NY, you would somehow need to figure out a way to become a resident of both California and Delaware.

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    According to my quick investigation California, New York City, and Delaware issue only to residents. So even if you are not concerned about NYC and only the state of NY, you would somehow need to figure out a way to become a resident of both California and Delaware.
    None of those states have reciprocity? Wow I didn't think it was impossible to be able to carry in all 50 states, just extremely difficult.

My unofficial answer is 13. By my very quick and unsubstantiated investigation, assuming you have a PA permit you would need permits for the following states, but as I stated earlier some of these states only issue to residents. California, Conn. Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Mass. NY, NJ, Oregon, Rhode Island, SC, Utah. I did not include D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    Delaware has agreements with other states which is why I maintain my FL non resident permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Delaware has agreements with other states which is why I maintain my FL non resident permit.
    Yeah I guess you're right as Delaware didn't show up in my most recent, and very hastily conducted investigation. So it must have had reciprocity from one of the other states I listed. I had taken that info from some article that said those three places only issued to residents, but I guess that was bad info. Like I said I didn't investigate too thoroughly.

Its my understanding that California has reciprocity with no other states.

(Lehigh County)

The simple answer should be Nation Reciprocity.

However, the best I could do with my Commonwealth of Pennsylvania/County-issued LTCF plus Arizona and Utah permits is 40 States, excluding California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Oregon and Rhode Island. Obviously NYC and DC are also a no-go. So that's 80% of the U.S. (for me) and I consider myself fortunate because I have the Arizona and Utah permits in addition to PA. So...the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution (our rights) only works up to 80% of the time. Would you settle for a personal protection firearm that only works up to 80% of the time? How about a vehicle that works up to 80% of the time? How about an aircraft that works up to 80% of the time? How about a life-saving medication that works up to 80% of the time that you need it?

We all need to exert pressure to our US Senators and Congresspersons to end this (and other) continued abuse(s) of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast