Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Now I don't know a lot about ars...

I want to publicly thank Nate for his offer and fast shipping of parts I picked up my mail yesterday and the spring and retainer were there. I tried to get it put in today but it looks like I may have to either switch tubes or notch the kak tube. Has anyone else run into problems with the kak tube not lining up on a pistol build?

I may also say screw it and form1 this thing.

(Allegheny County)

I used a KAK tube/Blade on my pistol.

Parts assembled just like any other carbine build.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I used a KAK tube/Blade on my pistol.

Parts assembled just like any other carbine build.
    I can't get mine to line up properly, if I have the tube where the retainer sits properly the dimples are at a 90* angel from the bottom. Did you get my pm btw

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    I can't get mine to line up properly, if I have the tube where the retainer sits properly the dimples are at a 90* angel from the bottom. Did you get my pm btw
    By chance, is your lower an Anderson? I have read they had lowers with improperly placed buffer retainer holes causing issues with the retainer and buffer tube.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperHummel View Post
    By chance, is your lower an Anderson? I have read they had lowers with improperly placed buffer retainer holes causing issues with the retainer and buffer tube.
    psa upper and lower with a kak tube/brace

(Berks County)

Turn tube in one more turn, determine how much you need to file off for proper fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Turn tube in one more turn, determine how much you need to file off for proper fit.
    Kinda what I thought. I need to make sure I have the retainer in the proper position first.

Don't go filing on anything. I had to file a couple thousandths off the side of the slot on my KAK buffer tube for the IWC endplate but that is common with that particular endplate. I never had to file any other buffer tube or lower on any of my other builds.

Here are pics of how the buffer tube, detent, etc is supposed to be mounted. Mega Arms lower and KAK shockwave buffer tube.(not staked yet) I have the tube here and lowers that are known in spec, if you need measurements (and you have a caliper at least) I can give you dimensions to compare with your parts.

(Berks County)

Kinda what I thought. I need to make sure I have the retainer in the proper position first.
    What are we calling the retainer? The plate with the key under the castle nut? All these things line up to ensure everything is where it needs to be. There is a tit on that plate that lines up the key that fits the key way in the tube to line up the detent holding lip and the index spots on the tube. Tollerence stacking sometimes requires a tiny bit of hand fitting or part swapping. Parts go together like Legos so much that when they don't, especially on a first build it can through you for a loop.

(Allegheny County)

I want to publicly thank Nate for his offer and fast shipping of parts I picked up my mail yesterday and the spring and retainer were there. I tried to get it put in today but it looks like I may have to either switch tubes or notch the kak tube. Has anyone else run into problems with the kak tube not lining up on a pistol build?

I may also say screw it and form1 this thing.
    If your lower is out of spec I wouldn't form 1 it, not sure if it's a common issue with the KAK tube or not. I'd maybe try a mil-spec carbine tube to makesure it will work and the buffer retaining hole isn't out of spec.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast