Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Re: ATF Open Letter on the Use of SB Tactical Pistol Stabilizing Braces® YOU CAN SHOU

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez226 View Post
    I know it is. I'm not exactly against background checks and etc. but I don't have to pay crazy a $200 tax to own it and wait a year for it. I'll pay for a background check for a firearm to help keep some idiot who shouldn't own one from doing so. But I will not pay that tax for and NFA item that shouldn't even be a thing.
    Particularly when the ATF now seems to somewhat be back to their senses.

(Washington County)

Default Re: ATF Open Letter on the Use of SB Tactical Pistol Stabilizing Braces® YOU CAN SHOU

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Particularly when the ATF now seems to somewhat be back to their senses.
    They do seem to be coming around to more reasonable thoughts. Which I'm happy about. Maybe it's the new administration. Maybe they finally realize what American gun owners are pissed about. I don't know. I just hope they keep going in the right direction.

(Allegheny County)

Imma write them a letter asking why they would allow me to shoulder a brace instead of payi...

Kidding! No letters will be written! LOL!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I know it is. I'm not exactly against background checks and etc. but I don't have to pay crazy a $200 tax to own it and wait a year for it. I'll pay for a background check for a firearm to help keep some idiot who shouldn't own one from doing so. But I will not pay that tax for and NFA item that shouldn't even be a thing.
    It shouldn't but it is, if you want a full auto, SBR, SBS, suppressor it's the price you pay and the wait is part of it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Imma write them a letter asking why they would allow me to shoulder a brace instead of payi...

Kidding! No letters will be written! LOL!
    Don't worry you won't have to, plenty of people will do that for you.

Thing about the ATF is they can and will change their mind again, you can bet on it.

There's been no reason for including SBR's as NFA weapons, not from the beginning in 1934.

The anti's back then wanted to include all handguns as NFA weapons. That's how it started. They added SBR's because that's what folks would do to get around the new proposed law, they'd just cut down rifles to have concealable guns.

They lacked the clout to include all handguns as NFA weapons, so handguns came out of the law. But they forgot to remove SBR's. So since 1934, we've had strict control on "concealable guns", except for 300 million handguns.

It's pointless, and SBR's should be deregulated federally, just like silencers. They'd actually be easier than silencers, because there hasn't been the relentless propaganda that "only assassins need SBR's" the way they've tainted silencers, although with silencers you have the common-sense point that if OSHA controlled guns, silencers would be mandatory because they reduce the risk of permanent hearing loss for the shooter and everyone nearby. Further, silencers eliminate the main complaint from people who live near gun ranges, the annoying banging sounds.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Perry County)

For me, I'll take a pistol over an SBR. I can throw it in my car and go anywhere in the country so long as I comply with mag restrictions. I realize this situation is unique to law enforcement under LEOSA but it could apply to all if Trump/Congress forge ahead with national reciprocity. I'm seriously considering the Sig MCX pistol and mating it with the "stabilizer" below made by SB. I don't think it looks stupid and it's 3 position adjustable.

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

If they ran it like a C&R03 FFL license for a reasonable fee then I might go for it even if you had to renew every 3 or 4 years and go through the process.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    If they ran it like a C&R03 FFL license for a reasonable fee then I might go for it even if you had to renew every 3 or 4 years and go through the process.
    I've thought that many times. One investigation, pay your $200 and print the stamp off. Valid for three or five years. The idea that every NFA item requires the purchaser to wait and wait and wait is inefficient and stupid.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    That's a neat idea. Because it has multiple reasons of owning that license. Not a one time tax for each and every single item you wanted.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast