Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default ATF Open Letter on the Use of SB Tactical Pistol Stabilizing Braces® YOU CAN SHOULDER

Now, does this just apply to this product or all "braces" I don't know.

https://www.sb-tactical.com/blog/sb-...lizing-braces/

"PRESS RELEASE: SB Tactical™ Announces Reversal of ATF Open Letter on the Use of SB Tactical Pistol Stabilizing Braces®
    Written By: SB-Tactical

SB Tactical_ATF Reversal of Open Letter Position

Saint Petersburg, Fla. (April, 25, 2017) – SB Tactical™, inventors and manufacturers of the Pistol Stabilizing Brace®, is excited to announce that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) has issued SB Tactical a reversal letter containing a sensible clarification of the Bureau’s position on the lawful use of SB Tactical braces.
    The new clarification of opinion letter states, “an NFA firearm has not necessarily been made when the device is not reconfigured for use as a shoulder stock – even if the attached firearm happens to be fired from the shoulder. To the extent that the January 2015 Open Letter implied or has been construed to hold that incidental, sporadic, or situational “use” of an arm-brace (in its original approved configuration) equipped firearm from a firing position at or near the shoulder was sufficient to constitute “redesign,” such interpretations are incorrect and not consistent with ATF’s interpretation of the statute or the manner in which it has historically been enforced.”
    SB Tactical, along with the law offices of Mark Barnes & Associates, have worked tirelessly for more than two years to correct what they believed to be an inaccurate interpretation of “redesign,” related to the Pistol Stabilizing Brace. “It has always been our belief that the addition of our Pistol Stabilizing Brace benefits shooters, both disabled and able-bodied, and that neither strapping it to your arm nor shouldering a brace equipped pistol would constitute ‘redesign’ of a pistol to a NFA firearm”, said Alex Bosco, inventor, founder and CEO of SB Tactical. “We are strongly encouraged by the ATF’s reversal of opinion and commend their willingness to continually review policy, including their own opinions, to ensure public safety and the fulfillment of their mission.”
    Both SB Tactical and Mark Barnes & Associates are proud to be at the forefront of protecting and preserving the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans. Mark Barnes echoed Bosco’s praise of the ATF’s new guidance and stated that “it’s clear that the Bureau has no intention or desire to prosecute law abiding citizens using SB Tactical Pistol Stabilizing Braces. Their decision to act should be commended.”
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Tioga County)

Default Re: ATF Open Letter on the Use of SB Tactical Pistol Stabilizing Braces® YOU CAN SHOU

Huh, interesting.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: ATF Open Letter on the Use of SB Tactical Pistol Stabilizing Braces® YOU CAN SHOU

This should get good.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

When I got my stabilizing brace I immediately took it out of the box, put it on my shoulder, and ran around the house saying "You talking to me?"

Does this mean it is now legal to install it on my pistol?

(Berks County)

Que the incessant letter writers.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    This should get good.
    Want to see interesting. Check out this "brace" that is coming out.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Thanks Trump!
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Want to see interesting. Check out this "brace" that is coming out.

Looks like someone will lose their shirt if that letter is accurate.

Lots of money invested wasted and no market for the product.

If the letter is accurate.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Armstrong County)

What I read, I believe this only applies to SB's brace, not all braces

Which means someone was smart at SB and knew they had to provide gifts to the NFA to make them the only manufacturer of a brace that can be shouldered

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    What I read, I believe this only applies to SB's brace, not all braces

Which means someone was smart at SB and knew they had to provide gifts to the NFA to make them the only manufacturer of a brace that can be shouldered
    I agree, for the time being, only SB seems to get the green light.

After browsing their website, which is the first and most i have ever looked at pistol braces.....$150-300 to avoid a $200 stamp....seriously?
    I get it the wait sucks. Its been anywhere from 2 months to 12 months since i got in the game. I get it, its all unconstitutional.
    But really, $150-300 to have a retarded looking "stock" that you cant adjust LOP and always have to run nose to CH?
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast