Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Citadel Defense in Matamoras

Fred, I see you are doing Cerakote, how far down does a revolver have to be broken down and what is a ballpark estimate for coating?

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Venturerider View Post
    Fred, I see you are doing Cerakote, how far down does a revolver have to be broken down and what is a ballpark estimate for coating?
    Hello, you can just bring it in and I'll take care of the rest. One color should be $130, time is one week after I get the color (I say that in case it's an oddball color they don't have in stock, shipping delays, etc.) I have Graphite black in now so that can be done right away. Stop in and say hello. Thanks, Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Citadel Defense View Post
    I'm sorry you weren't happy coming in. I'm guessing you've never taken the risk of starting a new business so I can understand your opinion. What really is "shady as shit" is the local township (Westfall) that tells me everything we want to do there is a permitted use BY RIGHT, (which it is), then after we get the building the zoning officer retires and a new guy goes in that makes life a living hell by refusing to obey the law and forcing us to hire lawyers for a year and a half while paying out our life savings carrying an empty building. Maybe you didn't like the free coffee and danishes I have out for my fellow freedom enthusiasts, or maybe you weren't there when I turned on the lights to the rink to let three little kids run around for two hours so a young mom picking up a rifle (transfer from Brownells) could catch a break after doing the paperwork. I also guess you didn't see me fixing minor problems for free on people's guns just because I could. I guess you're so conditioned to walmart and gander mountain or any other super megastore that gets free money from wall street scum (and plays you for a sucker) that an upstart business is, as you say, "shady as shit". Can you please let me try to recover from the beating my brother and I took from Westfall Township before badmouthing me? I'd really appreciate it, and you're always welcome to stop by and chat. Thanks, Fred
    I stopped in on Memorial day as I heard that it maybe a new indoor ranges in the area so I went in. When I entered I saw The simple display setup With product and AR lowers. The owner was ended a phone call to talk to me and told his plans for the space. I told him I was waiting for my NJ FID and pistol permits. We talked about the N.Y./NJ restrictive gun laws and even showed me some examples of some of the gun mods he was showcasing. I never thought the place to be shady and when you have a building so big that it originally showcased RV's you may want to not have ever light on when you are fledgling business and every penny counts. Not sure I talked to Fred or his Brother as I am bad with names but From what I saw I would definitely do business with him and in fact I have been meaning to call him as I am looking for a gunsmith to do some trigger and spring mods on my 92fs. In a town that is mostly cigarette and firework shops we need more business men like him in the area. Also the Town of Westfall can be horrible to new business owners and can be ever difficult to deal with. I think instead of bashing or calling a business shady, local folks should get behind him and maybe help him get a local range so we all don't have to travel and hour to do some shooting.

(Bucks County)

Fred, from what you describe, I hope you can sue the township and recover some of money they cost you. I have dealt with L&I individuals like you describe who are drunk with the power their position can provide them if that is their nature. The sad thing is the board or whatever the structure doesn't see the potential loss to the community and step in before attorneys are needed. When something makes no sense, look for the money. Good luck to you.

Yup- been to this place.
    The owner, Fred, set me up with a completely custom AR-15 a few weeks ago. To be honest, I love guns, but don't know a lot about them (technically speaking). This guy is like the firearms guru, he knew more than I ever thought possible. Got an AR with a custom Duracoat (looks bleepin awesome!), a Geissman trigger (didn't know what that was until he showed me-what a huge difference), stock, holographic sight, and he did something called "stippling"- basically he hand-textured the pistol and front grips, never felt such an amazing grip before. The owner is a real nice guy, very helpful.
    The store seems to be doing a "soft" opening, starting slow - but he seems to be able to get (or make) anything you want. Now all my friends get a hard*n when they see my AR, and a couple are getting theirs done there too.

They are planning on putting in a range eventually- but for now the owner is just starting to build his business- I'm sure he'll do really well.

Greetings!
    Are You open for sales?

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by DocH View Post
    Greetings!
    Are You open for sales?
    I haven't seen any signs of life there in a while. Not sure if they're still open in that location.

Thanks!!
    I stopped by there today and it does look closed.
    I did not see a car, but more than that there are no signs showing the hours of operation.
    Thanks again,
    Ed

So basically, the owner tried very hard to get his business off the ground. Super nice guy, really knows his shit. Unfortunately, the local government assholes basically bankrupted him, pulled totally illegal bullshit. By the time he was done with lawyers, there was no possibility of surviving. Hopefully he'll reopen in a township that supports local businesses, instead of fighting them every step of the way. He actually started getting a good following, but too little too late. I know the guy, and wish him the best. If he does reopen, I'll post here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12