Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default making a trip to Myrtle Beach

Hello everyone, the wife and I are driving from Pittsburgh to Myrtle Beach next month. I would like to carry concealed. I plan to do my own research but I would like to know if anyone knows of anything I should look into that stands out that I need to research. I don't even know if South and North Carolina even honor a PA license to carry. Basically I just want to know what to watch out for. Thanks in advance for any response.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition

Default Re: making a trip to Myrtle Beach

Download the CCW app on your iPhone or android. It has information on every state based on your permits. It's also updated weekly.

It cost .99

(Jefferson County)

NC does honor PA's LTCF.

SC does not. SC does allow for peaceful journey transporting under certain conditions(handgun in latched gloveboxes, consoles, trunk, etc).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Washington County)

Have you heard about the lovely state of Maryland? Pucker up when driving through it.

Well the majority of our time will be spent in South Carolina so it looks like I'm going to have to rely on my wits to keep us safe.

(Lehigh County)

Another good source of info : http://handgunlaw.us/
    A quick look says you are good up to South Carolina, then no go. If you go I-79, I-77, I-74 you stay in friendly territory.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Also, both NC and SC are must inform states. Inform wisely. Don't just utter, "I've got a gun!"
    Ragged Hole Manufacturer

Ran into an old thread today re Maryland. A driver from Fla was passing through. A very small police dept which has jurisdiction only on some bridges and tunnels pulled him over. Seems they have computer access to gun owner info from all over the country and use license plate readers on passing vehicles. They gave him a VERY hard time and tore his car apart supposing he had the firearm with him. He had left in Fla trying to avoid just this situation. Get VERY familiar with interstate transportation of firearms (cased with firearm and ammo separated etc)

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    Ran into an old thread today re Maryland. A driver from Fla was passing through. A very small police dept which has jurisdiction only on some bridges and tunnels pulled him over. Seems they have computer access to gun owner info from all over the country and use license plate readers on passing vehicles. They gave him a VERY hard time and tore his car apart supposing he had the firearm with him. He had left in Fla trying to avoid just this situation. Get VERY familiar with interstate transportation of firearms (cased with firearm and ammo separated etc)
    While the bolded part is good advice, look at the rest of your statement to realize that HE WAS familiar - it just didn't matter...

(Bucks County)

IV e looked and looked, but it looks like SC will only issue a permit if you own real estate in SC. They don't honor non-resident permits either( FL, UT, etc). If someone knows another way, please let us know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast