Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: making a trip to Myrtle Beach

Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    Ran into an old thread today re Maryland. A driver from Fla was passing through. A very small police dept which has jurisdiction only on some bridges and tunnels pulled him over. Seems they have computer access to gun owner info from all over the country and use license plate readers on passing vehicles. They gave him a VERY hard time and tore his car apart supposing he had the firearm with him. He had left in Fla trying to avoid just this situation. Get VERY familiar with interstate transportation of firearms (cased with firearm and ammo separated etc)
    SO you're saying that he was pulled over in MD simply because they were able to cross reference his vehicle registration with the fact that he was somehow a known gun owner or LTCF holder from another state? There is no way that's probable cause for a stop or search.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    SO you're saying that he was pulled over in MD simply because they were able to cross reference his vehicle registration with the fact that he was somehow a known gun owner or LTCF holder from another state? There is no way that's probable cause for a stop or search.
    I have heard about this from time to time and I feel it is an urban legend. You are correct about the probable cause for a search and states do not share that kind of information without a specific request.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    I have heard about this from time to time and I feel it is an urban legend. You are correct about the probable cause for a search and states do not share that kind of information without a specific request.
    http://gunsnfreedom.com/florida-man-...nd-no-gun/1981

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by the deer hunter View Post
    Hello everyone, the wife and I are driving from Pittsburgh to Myrtle Beach next month. I would like to carry concealed. I plan to do my own research but I would like to know if anyone knows of anything I should look into that stands out that I need to research. I don't even know if South and North Carolina even honor a PA license to carry. Basically I just want to know what to watch out for. Thanks in advance for any response.
    do what Hodgie said!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by the deer hunter View Post
    Hello everyone, the wife and I are driving from Pittsburgh to Myrtle Beach next month. I would like to carry concealed. I plan to do my own research but I would like to know if anyone knows of anything I should look into that stands out that I need to research. I don't even know if South and North Carolina even honor a PA license to carry. Basically I just want to know what to watch out for. Thanks in advance for any response.
    Others have pretty much covered it. You can carry loaded in you glovebox or console.

You're not planning to go over the Memorial Day weekend, are you?
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    . . . You're not planning to go over the Memorial Day weekend, are you?
    Doesn't matter; traffic in and around greater Myrtle Beach is always horrible. We stopped going in 2005.

To the OP: Be patient in the traffic, and leave EARLY for any scheduled event or appointment, especially from 1500 to 2000 hrs.

Enjoy!

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12