Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: canik

(Luzerne County)

Default canik

For anyone loving canik there is a new forum specifically for canik called canik fanatik forum lots of great info, people are from all over thoigh

Default Re: canik

notsureifshouldbebannedorhumored. lol you should provide links at least.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=cani...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    i mean... which one?
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Is it Controlled "Sponsored" by Century?

(Luzerne County)

No not sponsored by century as of yet heres the link http://canikdiscussions.com/

(Columbia County)

I heard that the firearm Canik is actually pronounced “ja-neek” in its native culture. Therefore it wouldn’t rhyme with Fanatik. I no expert with their brand of handguns, but it appears they produced several models of striker fired handguns including a model that has a decocker button on it similar to the Walther P99 AS . Furthermore their guns appear to be reasonably priced. Because they just came onto the market no one can say if they are just as reliable as a glock however the bad side part about them is they are distributed by Century Arms. Anything they get their hands on usually turns out to be junk.

(Berks County)

Canik is a quality pistol. I don't have the compact version, I hear that one is not so good. Full size is a great gun.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I heard that the firearm Canik is actually pronounced “ja-neek” in its native culture. Therefore it wouldn’t rhyme with Fanatik. I no expert with their brand of handguns, but it appears they produced several models of striker fired handguns including a model that has a decocker button on it similar to the Walther P99 AS . Furthermore their guns appear to be reasonably priced. Because they just came onto the market no one can say if they are just as reliable as a glock however the bad side part about them is they are distributed by Century Arms. Anything they get their hands on usually turns out to be junk.
    The compact one was distributed with a RSA that was too stiff and the during the break-in period caused a lot of issues, there is a whole section of canik forum about that, surprisingly canik, or century has been on the ball with sending replacement ones out that aren't quite as stiff. And they are based off another p99's

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Their CZ clones are excellent guns. I have owned several, two of which I regret selling.

Quote Originally Posted by buntz90 View Post
    The compact one was distributed with a RSA that was too stiff and the during the break-in period caused a lot of issues, there is a whole section of canik forum about that, surprisingly canik, or century has been on the ball with sending replacement ones out that aren't quite as stiff. And they are based off another p99's
    They weren't so great at 1st about addressing the issue until YouTube channels started bitching. There are several posted here regarding the subject one of which involved a dealer who sold several and all buyers had issues. When he contacted Century they told him to blow. If I remember correctly he bought the pistols back and was set to eat the loss. It's great century decided to fix their problem it's too bad it takes an act of congress to get them to acknowledge there is one in the 1st place.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    They weren't so great at 1st about addressing the issue until YouTube channels started bitching. There are several posted here regarding the subject one of which involved a dealer who sold several and all buyers had issues. When he contacted Century they told him to blow. If I remember correctly he bought the pistols back and was set to eat the loss. It's great century decided to fix their problem it's too bad it takes an act of congress to get them to acknowledge there is one in the 1st place.
    true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast