Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default GOA ALERT: Send Postcards Pressure Sen Toomey to Support Concealed Carry Reciprocity

https://gunowners.org/alert042117.htm

GOA ALERT: Send Postcards Pressure Sen Toomey to Support Concealed Carry Reciprocity

Published: Friday, 21 April 2017 12:29

Your Activism is Helping to Push Concealed Carry Reciprocity in Congress!

“I know your members have been very active and very persuasive.” -- A Senate aide explaining the effectiveness of GOA members and activists, April 4, 2017
    Not a GOA member yet? You can join Gun Owners of America today for only $20!
    Concealed Carry Reciprocity Still Gaining Momentum

(See how you can TAKE ACTION below!)

Dear Friend:

I was in a congressional office recently with several members of GOA’s staff.

We had been walking the halls of Congress, introducing Shaneen Allen to several congressional offices.

Shaneen is the Philadelphia mom who was incarcerated for over 40 days -- all because her Pennsylvania carry permit was not recognized in New Jersey.

To put it mildly, Shaneen would greatly benefit from concealed carry reciprocity legislation.

So in one particular office, we were discussing how we can get more cosponsors for the concealed carry reciprocity legislation in Congress.

The bill in the House of Representatives is H.R. 38; the Senate bill is S. 446.

The congressional staff acknowledged that GOA had done a phenomenal job in getting cosponsors to these bills in just a couple of months.

And that’s when one of the aides said: “I know your members have been very active and very persuasive” in getting additional cosponsors.

You may not realize it, but your involvement makes my job at Gun Owners of America so much easier.

It’s your emails -- and postcards, if you are a full-fledged GOA member -- that makes congressmen sit up and take notice of Second Amendment issues.

Your activism forces them to take action on legislation that they might, otherwise, just simply ignore.

Almost Half of the House Has Cosponsored H.R. 38

(See below how you can GET MORE cosponsors!)

Here’s where we are at.

The bill in the House, H.R. 38, has 188 cosponsors. You can click here to see if your Representative has cosponsored the bill. http://gunowners.org/hr38-cosponsors.htm

The Senate bill, S. 446, has 36 cosponsors. While no Democrats have cosponsored the bill, more than half of the Republicans have.

Here are the Senate Republicans who still need to cosponsor the bill: Alexander (TN), Burr (NC), Cassidy (LA), Collins (ME), Corker (TN), Cotton (AR), Gardner (CO), Kennedy (LA), Lee (UT), McConnell (KY), Paul (KY), Risch (ID), Sasse (NE), Scott (SC), Tillis (NC) and Toomey (PA).
    GOA’s postcards are landing on Capitol Hill right now

(TAKE ACTION below to get more cosponsors!)

GOA’s most recent mailing on national reciprocity -- with postcards addressed to U.S. Senators -- is currently landing in people’s mailboxes.

And GOA members are mailing in those postcards to Capitol Hill, by the thousands.

With all of this momentum behind us, this GOA-mailing couldn’t be landing at a better time.

I want you to know that sending the emails we ask you to send is very helpful. So is making phone calls from time to time.

But there is nothing like heaping mounds upon mounds of postcards and letters on legislators’ desks.

I’ll never forget what one congressional office told us when we killed a background check expansion bill in 2006:

“Oh s—t! We got a lot of postcards and emails from GOA members,” one legislative aide said.

And that pretty much says it all. The postcards landing on their desks get their notice.

So if you haven’t received our postcards in favor of concealed carry reciprocity, I encourage you to take these actions:

1. Sign up to start getting postcards every month. It’s merely $20 to join GOA for a year -- less than a box of most ammo. https://gunowners.org/join.htm?src=alert042117

2. Send emails to your Representative and Senators, explaining the importance of supporting H.R. 38 and S. 446 -- and pushing to get a vote on this legislation. http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/...ementId=337653

3. Forward this alert to your pro-gun family and friends. https://www.addtoany.com/share?linku...7.htm&linkname

Thank you for your help.

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
    Executive Director

P.S. Start getting postcards so you can add to the deluge of GOA postcards landing on legislators’ desks. https://gunowners.org/join.htm?src=alert042117

Also, send emails today to your Representative and Senators, expressing your support for immediate action on H.R. 38 and S. 446. http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/...ementId=337653
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Fulton County)

Default Re: GOA ALERT: Send Postcards Pressure Sen Toomey to Support Concealed Carry Reciproc

I received my postcards from GOA earlier this month, and sent them out two weeks ago. National Reciprocity is where everyone on this board needs to put their focus right now IMO.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: GOA ALERT: Send Postcards Pressure Sen Toomey to Support Concealed Carry Reciproc

Toomey has different ideas, but his attitude is exactly the same as Obama's. He will not listen to ANYTHING his constituents tell him, and will in turn explain to us why we are too stupid to understand that his decisions are what are best for us. I have sat with his Chief of Staff, communicated with other staffers that assured me he would one thing and then did another, and then they had no explanation for it. Back when that Toomey-Manchin shit was happening, Bobby Gunther Walsh pinned him down on the radio with talking points I gave him and tried to hold him to account. Toomey simply and repeatedly explained that we are too stupid too understand how great he is and the wonderful things he is trying to do for us. Didn't consider a word, or any of our concerns, never does.

We need a "somewhat" R vote in the Senate over a full blown D vote. And that angers me. But Toomey is an arrogant douchebag that has zero interest in what we think. I have no respect for him whatsoever. I have far more respect for Charlie Dent, who is a complete RINO.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Toomey has different ideas, but his attitude is exactly the same as Obama's. He will not listen to ANYTHING his constituents tell him, and will in turn explain to us why we are too stupid to understand that his decisions are what are best for us. I have sat with his Chief of Staff, communicated with other staffers that assured me he would one thing and then did another, and then they had no explanation for it. Back when that Toomey-Manchin shit was happening, Bobby Gunther Walsh pinned him down on the radio with talking points I gave him and tried to hold him to account. Toomey simply and repeatedly explained that we are too stupid too understand how great he is and the wonderful things he is trying to do for us. Didn't consider a word, or any of our concerns, never does.

We need a "somewhat" R vote in the Senate over a full blown D vote. And that angers me. But Toomey is an arrogant douchebag that has zero interest in what we think. I have no respect for him whatsoever. I have far more respect for Charlie Dent, who is a complete RINO.
    I personally can't stand Pat Toomey as well; I haven't forgotten about the gun control deal he made with Obama after Sandy Hook. I voted for him this past November though, because he's still better than a full blown Democrat IMO. Hopefully we can oust Bob Casey, and get a REAL conservative Senator in PA.

Emails sent. Waiting for my postcards to arrive.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Fulton County)

Quote Originally Posted by buckengr View Post
    Emails sent. Waiting for my postcards to arrive.
    That's odd that you didn't get a postcard yet. I received them along with my regular GOA Newsletter.

Letters sent.

Can't wait for the thoughtless form letters to arrive.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Pike County)

letter sent

(Schuylkill County)

Somebody.. anybody.. PLEASE run against Toomey in the primary next time around. Please.
    III%