Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: OWB for concealed carry.

Quote Originally Posted by FJW View Post
    I started out OWB/concealed with my 45ACP Bersa which weighs 1.69 lbs and is a fat little shit to boot. I would wear baggy button-up shirts to cover it. In summer it did become a bit of a pain to carry all day. Several times the magazine was accidentally released while canoeing and fell into the boat. Duhhh! For going shopping or walking around the setup was fine. I believe that very few people ever saw it "print" if any.

Eventually for summer carry I picked up a KelTec P11 with a belt clip so I could carry IWB. Today I use this same format with a 9mm Shield (with a belt clip) carried IWB, and generally I carry like this year-round. The Bersa spends most of its time in the safe with the KelTec now. Occasionally I strap on a simple leather yaqui style holster and carry something else in it OWB: Sometimes a 357, sometimes a Makarov, and sometimes the Bersa.

So anyway, suffice to say when I'm not carrying my Shield with the belt clip i carry OWB exclusively, as i do NOT like IWB holsters at all. It's either belt clip or OWB for me.
    When using the belt clip, do you have anything to cover the trigger?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Cambria County)

I'm going to try a RAVEN PHANTOM holster that I found online. They got very good reviews. Gonna try this OWB thing out for a while.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    It's good to hear the MCR is quality I was thinking about picking one up for my back up.
    I'm pretty happy with it, especially for the $$$. It's light and holds the gun pretty close. I'm thinking of ordering one for my lcr as well for my vacations. If he had one for the firestar I'd get one for that too. Works just like a belt slide type holster. I carry @ 3:30 splitting the belt loops on my strong side.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    When using the belt clip, do you have anything to cover the trigger?
    it has a safety which ive trained to flip off when drawing without thinking anymore. I used to use a trigger cover made for Shield which was anchored to your belt with a lanyard. After awhile I just became confident without it, while religiously clicking off rhe safety every time during practice draws. I know where you might be going now that I mentioned the safety. Bar just one time, it has never clicked off while carrying, and that time
    I was pushing and testing the envelope so to speak. Even though i'm pretty confident with the way I carry now, I still periodically check my weapon when changing scenes, just to be sure. Since that one time while testing Ive never been surprised when I checked it.
    Last edited by FJW; April 22nd, 2017 at 04:59 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Here's the aforementioned holster I use with my CZ.

If you know what you're looking for it does print a little, but I really don't care and most people don't notice.

Here's how it rides @ 3:30. This is as concealed as I normally get.

(Bucks County)

I carry two different guns OWB, but not at the same time. I carry a Keltec P11 in a fobus paddle holster and it absolutely disappears under a carhartt t shirt. I also carry a S&W M&P9c also OWB in a fobus paddle holster. The 9c doesnt hide as well and it prints a little bit. The keltec is much smaller and rides higher and closer to the body. I used to wear it IWB on a belt clip until it worked up off my belt and fell on the floor at a friends house. I took the belt clip off after that. The 9c holster is a little larger and rides a little lower, I also have to wear 2 t shirts as it rubs against my skin.
    Last edited by theduke; April 23rd, 2017 at 10:18 AM.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Cambria County)

Bravo Concealment sent me this when I contacted them.

Thank you for the interest of Bravo Concealment holsters. Unfortunately, we currently no longer offer some of the custom holsters including your weapon setup. We have transitioned to an all “Quick Ship” holster offerings which include only what is available on-line. We know that most gun options are not available at the moment. Please be patient as we will be bringing back the most popular gun/holster options throughout the year. We apologize but we do not have any exact release dates for any specific gun/holster options at the moment. For the latest news and product updates subscribe to our Newsletter and stay posted to our social media channels and take advantage of our weekly product giveaways.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Bucks County)

OWB always. Full size 1911, two spare mags on the other hip and anything looser than a tight t-shirt and nobody notices.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    OWB always. Full size 1911, two spare mags on the other hip and anything looser than a tight t-shirt and nobody notices.
    What kind of holster do you use?
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Montgomery County)

I just started carrying concealed OWB last year when I picked up a P2000SK after carrying IWB for 15 or so years. It is much more comfortable for me, just wish I could find OWB holsters I like for my other carry guns. I use the DeSantis Thumb Break Mini Slide.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast