Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Default Re: OWB for concealed carry.

I usually carry OWB and cover with a long shirt. I also have a shoulder rig and that is my preferred way to carry. I am on a large farm so folks have seen me riding around with pistol I am sure. I do have one of those pocket holsters which I sometimes like. Summer creates a challenge for carry.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RogerLeo View Post
    I usually carry OWB and cover with a long shirt. I also have a shoulder rig and that is my preferred way to carry. I am on a large farm so folks have seen me riding around with pistol I am sure. I do have one of those pocket holsters which I sometimes like. Summer creates a challenge for carry.
    Actually I find summer to make carry easier. In winter, I'm wearing a coat, but inside, it comes off. No loose , light summer shirts under the coat, so it's harder to conceal in winter.

(Bedford County)

I like the crotch holster also.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    I was thinking about this the other day and wanted to see how many of you do this. How many of you carry "concealed" but use an outside the waistband holster to do so. I always wear a longer shirt, and have considered going this way to see how it would work out. They make some nice holsters that ride on your belt but still ride close to the body. Was wondering if you have done this, do this, pros and cons. Tips, suggestions. advice, the usual start a topic bullshit.
    I do this often. HK vp9 or s&w shield in a kydex owb. I usually wear duluth plumber t shirts or carhartt t shirts.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(York County)

In the summer, I've taken to carrying my VP9 OWB. I simply buy short-sleeve cotton (woven, not knit) shirts in XXXL from "Omar the Tentmaker" line, and you'd never know...

Cooler and more comfy too.

I look like a fat(ter than I really am) slob, but I've long given up caring about that... Screw it. I'm married anyway & she's years past a 'girlish figure' so who I gotta look good for?
    DGAF

(Montgomery County)

I use a galco high ride and a few Desantis OWB holsters. The Galco is about 15 years old and other than some scratches, works just as well as the day I got it. I'm hoping the Desantis holsters hold up just as well. Being a lefty means I almost always have to order and wait.

(Franklin County)

I almost always carry my J-frame (in a leather pancake holster or paddle holster) OWB with just a t-shirt covering it.
    If I'm not carrying OWB I'm carrying in my pocket.
    The Hostler

(York County)

OWB with a Shield using a Galco leather holster. I'm not a t-shirt guy, so its a either a button down, or polo type shirt in the summer, and a flannel shirt for cooler weather. Because of the type of work I do, I'm fairly cafeful not to print.

I IWB carried for years, but never found it comfortable.

Buy "tall size" shirts.

(York County)

Because of the type of clip on my Mark Garrity holster, I am able to confidently carry either way on a whim. I have not seen another holster with this clip. The caveate is that one needs a proper belt, but one should already have that, so calling that a "given". In the summer time I frequently move the holster between my belt and pant waistband. I don't worry about it much unless I'm in a State Park where folks might make my day more exciting by telling a ranger. Then I make sure I have a cover garment that hides the barrel from peeking out under the bottom.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Bravo Concealment sent me this when I contacted them.

Thank you for the interest of Bravo Concealment holsters. Unfortunately, we currently no longer offer some of the custom holsters including your weapon setup. We have transitioned to an all “Quick Ship” holster offerings which include only what is available on-line. We know that most gun options are not available at the moment. Please be patient as we will be bringing back the most popular gun/holster options throughout the year. We apologize but we do not have any exact release dates for any specific gun/holster options at the moment. For the latest news and product updates subscribe to our Newsletter and stay posted to our social media channels and take advantage of our weekly product giveaways.
    That sucks I really like their holsters but not all of us carry a Glock,M&P or a Sig ....wonder what happened ....ownership change ?
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast