Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Possible Revocation of License to Carry Firearms?

Quote Originally Posted by justineastwick View Post
    No ordinance. I checked beforehand and when I was arrested, the police officer asked exactly the precise location of where I was so they could check.
    There is an ordinance...

The Philadelphia Code

Title 10 Regulation of Individual Conduct and Activity

Chapter 10-800 Safety

§ 10-810. Weapons and Dangerous Devices.
    (1) Discharging Firearms . No person shall fire or discharge recklessly and without reasonable cause any rifle, gun, pistol, or other firearm .
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    The way i see it, replacing a firing pin is not a big deal. But it might take a gunsmith to determine why there was a firing pin issue. There are very safe ways to test the function of a firing pin with out ever putting live ammo in the chamber... Use a pencil. Insert it at the muzzle, eraser first into the barrel down to the breach face. Easily done if you point the barrel up to the ceiling. Pull the trigger. If the firing pin is working the pencil will jump up from the breach face. If the spring is powerful enough, might shoot the pencil out of the barrel completely.

With that out of the way, yes, not smart to discharge at someplace other than a range. Unless you have your own range on your property. But this is Philthy, not the sticks.

to the OP: sucks to be in this predicament. Just home that you have learned something from this and that you are able to get your LTCF and firearms back. Wrestling that from the grips of the PPD are going to be difficult. Ask Mark (Viper), it took him a couple years (if I remember correctly) to get back an unlawfully confiscated firearm.

One last thing, as a reminder to everyone:

I have done a bit of the pencil thing. The eraser is too giving, it mutes the reaction. The other end, new unsharpened tends to dent. The best is a bic pen, blue plug down. A good hit will send the pen to the ceiling. Only used this on handguns. I have thought of using the principal to make a gauge, but bic pens are everywhere and cheap.

(Bucks County)

At least go to Hunting Park where no one will notice.....
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    At least go to Hunting Park where no one will notice.....
    I used to work there.

I worked on the three crappiest corners in every city on the East Coast. Philly got a few extra ones.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Quote Originally Posted by justineastwick View Post
    I didn't really want to go into too much detail of why, but I'll keep it brief: damaged firing pin; gun discharging even when the trigger was not pulled - it's my personal carry weapon, so I did not want to risk that, nor did I want to risk it going off in my house and hurting my kids or my neighbors.
    Seems like everyone has beaten you up plenty over everything else, but I have one recommendation that no one seems to have mentioned:

If you ever get your gun back, it should forever be retired from carry. It's now just a plinker that you take to the range sometimes.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    Kiss it goodbye. Bonehead move on your part.
    Be nice.

(Bedford County)

Shoot when I lived in a 2 red light borough I wouldn't have dreamed of doing this, or my current town. Seriously go to the range, sportsman's club etc. I woul think living in philly would make this even more obvious. Duh?

(Montgomery County)

Just like an earlier poster wrote, I'm going to take this at face value. I bet the average poster here either grew up with firearms or has been "into" firearms for so long it feels like they grew up with them.

This is not the case for most people in Philly. Yeah, we like to make fun of those who know less (human nature) but there is something to be learned here. Look at what the OP wrote, look at what gunlawyer wrote, there is a lack of basic firearms education on our biggest city. you know it's hurting them (crime, accidental deaths, etc.) and you know it's hurting us as they cast uneducated votes regarding firearms on local and statewide elections.

So let's make it a teachable moment. http://www.guns.com/2017/05/08/who-i...-matter-video/
    Last edited by PA_PB&J; May 8th, 2017 at 12:35 PM.

(Delaware County)

If you thought, even for a moment, that discharging a firearm in a major metropolitan city's limits to "test a new firing pin" is anything other than a terrible idea, maybe you shouldn't have an LTCF or any firearms.
    Junior

OP most people never wake up and think, I'll be a criminal by the end of the day. I think you made a very bad decision. Maybe you are young and just don't understand all the rules or maybe you were excited to test you're repair and just had to test your gun ASAP. Either way you need a good Lawyer who can start the process of having your gun returned. I wouldn't recommend you try it yourself because the PPD will do everything they can to not return your gun. The crimes code can be confusing so get a LAWYER NOW!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast