Greetings from Philadelphia,

Earlier this week I was arrested and placed into police custody in reference to shots being fired in my neighborhood - the shots WERE fired by me after reassembling my pistol to switch out a damaged firing pin - I informed the arresting police officer that I did discharge my firearm AND provided the police officer with the empty casing. I do have my license to carry firearms.

They confiscated my pistol AND my license (stated it was police procedure). After investigating, the police stated that they decided not to file charges. They told me that I could just file a motion to have my pistol and the casing returned to me. When I asked to have my license returned to me, I was told that the gun permits unit would reach out to me... This kind of worries me.

My question is this: could my license to carry firearms be revoked, despite not being charged with an offense?

I briefly spoke with an attorney; the attorney says that revoking my license to carry could be a possibility, but the likelihood of it would be "unfounded," seeing as how I don't have a previous arrest or criminal record AND I was not charged with a crime.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Thanks in advance for any response or advice.