Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Reloading Kit

I see Cabela's has this kit on sale at the moment. With the sale + $50 rebate the final cost is $229.99

On the rebate end the last time I did a rebate I ended up receiving what amounted to a cash card sponsored by American Express, which really pissed me off.
    Many places don't accept AE, and I want my money not some run around BS where the rebate really isn't a rebate.

Thoughts?

ETA: Other rebate option is also 500 Free Speer bullets.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Master Reloading Kit

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I see Cabela's has this kit on sale at the moment. With the sale + $50 rebate the final cost is $229.99

On the rebate end the last time I did a rebate I ended up receiving what amounted to a cash card sponsored by American Express, which really pissed me off.
    Many places don't accept AE, and I want my money not some run around BS where the rebate really isn't a rebate.

Thoughts?
    A very good price for the kit. Other then that I have better things to whine and complain about.

(Lancaster County)

This is the kit I bought last year, quite a good place to start. Only thing it does not come with I think it absolutely should are the brushes to clean primer pockets but you're looking at about $10 for those so no big deal. You'll want a pair of calibers too, I suggest a mechanical dial set over a cheap digital set where the zero can wander based on the battery level. Pick out a die set and shell holders and you'll be ready to get started.

Kind of surprised about the AE deal though. I could swear last year you got a check but I honestly can't remember.

To be clear the rebate was another product, don't even remember what it was. I was curious if RCBS pulled the same crap or if it was a check.

The kit appears to come with some type of brushes. I assumed they were to clean the primer pockets.

(Clarion County)

The kit appears to come with some type of brushes. I assumed they were to clean the primer pockets.
    More likely to lubricate case necks. Pocket cleaners are usually solid. http://leeprecision.com/primer-pocket-cleaner.html
    An old time way to clean pockets was with some bare #12 stranded wire. Today we can use a cordless drill or cordless screwdriver with the wire in the chuck.
    Don't be too aggressive with this method, a light touch will do it.
    For the pet peeve thread BS rebates irritate me also.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

Thanks for the clarification.

(Delaware County)

The brushes are for cleaning the neck. It comes, or it did with a primer pocket cleaner tool, a double ended affair. In reality cleaning the primer pocket is not at all necessary on any type of cartridge. When I do care to take the time on range P/U brass I use a round brass brush in the Dremel, knocks out 200 cases in about two minutes.