Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default PA: Senate panel OKs bill allowing school employees to carry guns

http://abc27.com/2017/04/19/senate-b...ccess-to-guns/

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) – The Senate Education Committee has advanced legislation that would allow certain school employees to carry firearms on school property.

Senate Bill 383 would allow school personnel access to guns if they have authorization from the school board of directors, are licensed to carry a concealed firearm, and have met certain training requirements in the use and handling of firearms.

School districts would not be required to participate but could establish their own policies.

In his co-sponsorship memoranda, Republican Sen. Donald White said his proposal would provide another option for schools, especially those in rural areas, by providing a quick response to school shootings.

The union that represents Pennsylvania’s public school teachers said the bill would threaten student safety.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: PA: Senate panel OKs bill allowing school employees to carry guns

This is awesome. We've been wanting more protection for our kids in school. They have officers periodically stop in and walk through during the day, but what about the rest of the day when they're not in the building?

THIS is what I call a common sense gun law...a law lifting restrictions and ALLOWING guns where they're needed.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

All these "gun free zones" are a joke because we all know criminals don't care about laws and the law abiding citizen will be left defenseless---always! I think it's criminal to have gun free zones and probably a design of anti-gunners to prove their point that "guns are bad"...at the expense of innocent lives.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

One word ......Wolf........must be veto proof
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Washington County)

Wolf won't let it happen. Not while he can do something about it.
    If the Internet says it, then it must be true.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez226 View Post
    Wolf won't let it happen. Not while he can do something about it.
    If the Republicans stand their ground he can't do anything.

Oh wait, nevermind.

Ceasethinking is already on the job. The teachers unions will be too.

Do we need to organize a counter-protest?
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    If the Republicans stand their ground he can't do anything.

Oh wait, nevermind.
    lol exactly.

This won't happen until we can truly get this state to red and get wolf out of office.

(Cumberland County)

Here is what I posted at pa2a in 2012:
    We've tried it their way for almost 20 years - gun free school zone, buzzers at the entrance, et al. It isn't working.

I propose a new approach. I propose that we have a gun safe on each floor of a school with 5 pump action 12ga shotguns (9 pellet 00 buck). The door on each safe would be wired into the school's security system. Any time the safe door is opened, an alarm sounds in the school (go to lock-down) and the alarm panel immediately notifies police. Have enough teachers on each floor trained in the proper and safe use of the shotguns. These teachers would also have access to the shotguns via fingerprint reader on the safe. The reader would log who gained access.

I would approach the 3 main players in the pump shotgun market (Remington, Mossberg, Ithaca) and the big name gun safe companies (Cannon, Liberty, etc.) and ask them if they would be willing to provide goods to schools at cost. Then, contact the national and larger regional alarm monitoring/service companies and ask if they would be willing to do the same for connecting the safe to the school's alarm system.

My wife is a teacher. Her school is 2 floors. 10 shotguns (at cost), 2 safes (at cost), and a guy or 2 to wire it - I'm thinking under $2500 gets it done.

That should stimulate some American job growth.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Berks County)

This bill, in its present form, isn't the answer. It requires the school employee to have an LTCF, which means that it forces disclosure of confidential LTCF info. Further, I am sure the school district will keep this info on file and the bill does not address ensuring the confidentiality of that information by the school district. IMO, it would make more sense that the school employee be ACT 235 certified.
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast