Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: PA: Senate panel OKs bill allowing school employees to carry guns

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    School boards will not approve this. But I repeat myself. The bill is pointless other than perhaps being symbolic.
    Until the next Sandy Hook happens...

(Northampton County)

I agree with requiring Act 235. But if the teacher fails the physiological test then they are out as a teacher.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

(Dauphin County)

I think all of this is overthinking and overcomplicating the issue.

Make it explicitly legal for a person licensed to carry firearms to do so in a school in Pennsylvania.

Done.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Fulton County)

I just feel like passing pro-second amendment legislation such as this is nothing but a HUGE waste of time; considering that we have Tom Wolf as the Governor. We're better off trying to pass pro-hunting bills and the like, until we get a second amendment friendly Governor.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post

Make it explicitly legal for a person licensed to carry firearms to do so in a school in Pennsylvania.

Done.
    ...other lawful purpose...

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    School boards will not approve this. But I repeat myself. The bill is pointless other than perhaps being symbolic.
    Did I miss the exception for school districts to regulate firearms in the law?
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Did I miss the exception for school districts to regulate firearms in the law?
    They can *not* regulate firearms.

They *can* set forth rules of employment. Tricky, that...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by LordTobias View Post

You get 3 points per shot in the 10 ring, 2 points per 8-9 ring, and 1 point for hitting the silhouette. No points for missing the target or hitting the paper where there is no silhouette. You fire 10 rounds each at 7, 15, and 25 yards, using two magazines with five rounds each. Shoot five, reload, shoot five. You get 15, 30, and 45 seconds for the distances, respectively. Oh, and you shoot 15 and 25 yards from barricade rest.

The target is to simulate a six foot man, with each scoring ring roughly double the size than on most targets you will normally see. You only need 110 points to pass. 109 or lower and you fail, and it doesn't matter if you score higher than 110.
    Can you clarify? Math seems off - 3 points max per shot x 30 shots total only gets you to 90 points, and you say you need 110 to pass...

Just for my info.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post

Done.
    Expect nothing less from our "representatives".....Have they ever made anything KISS ever????
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by nataliator View Post
    Can you clarify? Math seems off - 3 points max per shot x 30 shots total only gets you to 90 points, and you say you need 110 to pass...

Just for my info.
    Yeah, it's five points per shot, not three. I was pretty damn tired when I wrote that post... Anyways, I went to edit it, and instead my phone deleted it. I'm pretty annoyed by it. Lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123