Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default How Desirable are the GLOCK 17L and 24?

Was on another Online Gun sale site and saw someone mentions of the GLOCK 17L and 24.I know that these items are RARE but was curious if I came across one for a good price would it be worth picking up?

Thanks,
    Steve

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: How Desirable are the GLOCK 17L and 24?

To me they're not worth much. I don't like the gen3 grip at all. They also don't fit in the IDPA box.

However, if you want a Glock with the longest possible sight radius, that would be your ticket.

All that said, if I found one at the right price, I'd snag it. Anyone want to trade a Gen3 G35 for a 17L?

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    To me they're not worth much. I don't like the gen3 grip at all. They also don't fit in the IDPA box.

However, if you want a Glock with the longest possible sight radius, that would be your ticket.

All that said, if I found one at the right price, I'd snag it. Anyone want to trade a Gen3 G35 for a 17L?
    I handled a 17L at a LGS this year. I was told Glock makes them in limited run batches every few years.

I really liked it. The price was right at $667. I've seen them online for as much as $750.

I thought about it, didn't buy it, went back on a different day, but she was loooong gone.

Recently, in the classified section of PAFOA someone had a Glock 24 from 2004 listed for sale with the frying-pan finish LNIB with an extra ported barrel for $899.

I want a G24. Had one in hand and well...d
    Couldn't pull the proverbial trigger. Maybe some day

(Berks County)

Tanners Gun shop in Jamison is taking deposits for summer delivery,, cost is $595.....$100non refundable deposit.

I put my money down for 1 of each. Always said I wanted to collect all 9mm models so had to get the 17L and figured I would get the 24 as a collector.
    I was 2nd on the 17L list and he believes I was 1st on the 24List.

Time to save pennies for June
    Last edited by SteveO666; April 19th, 2017 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Replace Chalfont with Jamison

I'll probably buy a G24 now that I can get one for around $600, have been wanting one for a while. They were going for well over that a lot of places since Glock didn't make any in a while. I'd prefer a Gen2, maybe price will drop some on them too. Would be nice if they would run some colored frames, would like OD Green or Battlefield Green.

(Butler County)

I see them at shows once in a while. I admit I've thought about buying one several times. It's too big to carry, I probably can't shoot it any better than my 17 and the prices are up in the high 6's. So far I've passed on them.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO666 View Post
    Tanners Gun shop in Chalfont is taking deposits for summer delivery,, cost is $595.....$100non refundable deposit.

I put my money down for 1 of each. Always said I wanted to collect all 9mm models so had to get the 17L and figured I would get the 24 as a collector.
    I was 2nd on the 17L list and he believes I was 1st on the 24List.

Time to save pennies for June
    Not meaning to be a jerk, just confirming you meant Tanners in Jamison. Authority Arms and Target World are in Chalfont...

Sub $600 may be a "good enough" price for me, especially if I can get someone to buy the 35 I never shoot...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Not meaning to be a jerk, just confirming you meant Tanners in Jamison. Authority Arms and Target World are in Chalfont...

Sub $600 may be a "good enough" price for me, especially if I can get someone to buy the 35 I never shoot...

Yes you are Correct.. Tanner's in Jamison. Not sure where I got that from.. Long day I guess