Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: CeaseFirePA working against towns and cities fighting gun violence

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    You might want to post this

April 25, 2017 - SB 5 Strengthening PA Firearm Preemption Law PASSED the senate 34 to 16!
    April 26, 2017 - HB 671 Strengthening PA Firearm Preemption Law PASSED the house 134 to 53!

BTW All a local preemption violators has to do to avoid any court cost and ligation cost is simply repeal illegal their ordinances and respect the "Rule of Law".

Seems like "common sense" for elected officials to simply just obey the laws of the commonwealth of PA, which is really funny that all the anti-gunners often use the "common sense" statement in lobbying against constitutional protected freedoms, yet they don't have a clue of what "common sense" really means.

Another in a series of overwhelming majority votes by the both houses toward CeasefirePA having to pay up as promised, HAVE A NICE DAY!

FYI

now got to blend them into one bill and vote it

then send it to Governor Wolf's desk

where its political hot potato for Wolf

IF Wolf veto's AS he would be breaking the support for the RULE OF LAW by the legislators.
    As firearm preemption has been settled in the courts several time its a court loser for the gun grabbers.

That law breaking veto will then be a campaign issue then used in reelection race for governor by Wolf's opponent

Also a veto override is already being planned for just in case its needed.
    Many thanks to you guys who did the heavy lifting on this. I did my small part to support you, as did many others. The emails, phone calls and other contacts helps these guys get it done. Show up on 5/22 and get in your rep's face. It works.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Shira Goodman is just another Bolshevik man hater and Bloomberg employee profiting from spreading fear through LIES.

Just like Shannon Watts.
    They love the publicity, the money, the power. They are narcissists!
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    Does Goodman draw a salary? Is there Bloomberg money involved? Maybe we should be taking a close look at their financials.
    For FY 16, Ceasefire PA reports total income of $722K, of which $439K was spent on salaries. Officers are Nancy Gordon, Nancy Grogan, Nickolas Certo, and Shawn Kraemer. Executive Director Shira Goodman draws a salary of $108K. Outreach and education programs, which is their primary mission, account for $111K of total spending. Their balance sheet shows $623K in cash an hand at end of FY16. The most recent year appears to be their biggest ever: income in 2011 was only $432K. They report $45K in lobbying activities for last year.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by BSH View Post
    For FY 16, Ceasefire PA reports total income of $722K, of which $439K was spent on salaries. Officers are Nancy Gordon, Nancy Grogan, Nickolas Certo, and Shawn Kraemer. Executive Director Shira Goodman draws a salary of $108K. Outreach and education programs, which is their primary mission, account for $111K of total spending. Their balance sheet shows $623K in cash an hand at end of FY16. The most recent year appears to be their biggest ever: income in 2011 was only $432K. They report $45K in lobbying activities for last year.
    Can you see where the money comes from?

(Delaware County)

Looking at this from a different approach...

I have proposed to my township PD a program which would allow the PD to give our local townspeople instruction on gun handling, the law and CC. Instead of fighting a few Liberal trolls, why not focus on educating the masses and offering instruction?

Ceasefire PA is a small, no nothing organization. We need to counter their activities with a measure which will not only educate people, but also give them a legal, law abiding solution/lesson on guns.

I am writing this proposal and will be submitting to our PD within the next few weeks. I would suggest we have other members of PAFOA do the same within their own locales.

I think being proactive is going to bear more fruit than being reactive. What say you?

There is NOTHING SMALL about ANY PART of Ceasefire.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    There is NOTHING SMALL about ANY PART of Ceasefire.
    I'm believing that they funnel a lot more money that never passes through their accounts. Their ability to be a PITA should definitely not be underestimated.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Looking at this from a different approach...

I have proposed to my township PD a program which would allow the PD to give our local townspeople instruction on gun handling, the law and CC. Instead of fighting a few Liberal trolls, why not focus on educating the masses and offering instruction?

Ceasefire PA is a small, no nothing organization. We need to counter their activities with a measure which will not only educate people, but also give them a legal, law abiding solution/lesson on guns.

I am writing this proposal and will be submitting to our PD within the next few weeks. I would suggest we have other members of PAFOA do the same within their own locales.

I think being proactive is going to bear more fruit than being reactive. What say you?
    I agree that educating more people will be extremely beneficial, especially in the cities and their immediate suburbs. I think the only way to get that done with a PD would be to totally fund it from the outside, and even then there would be political interference and problems if the program tried to use resources like police ranges. There are probably better ways to do it. Perhaps forming small non-profits that could channel money from anonymous pro-2A sources is the ticket...

BTW, if only 15% of your spending is on the programs that your mission is about, you are a HORRIBLY ineffective, inefficient non-profit.

IMO, they should not be a 501c3. There's another chapter of the 501c tax code for non-profits that is for political groups. I don't know enough about the code to say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    Can you see where the money comes from?
    Stupid forum access on a tablet, ate my post.

They are not required to disclose donors.

I'm skeptical about $45K for lobbying. What are their 'educational' programs? If you're 'educating' government officials, you're lobbying, IMO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast