Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
A part of the problem with the youth is a lack of complete brain development until the age of 25. The part of the brain that completely understands consequences doesn't fully develop until then and some have it worse than others.

My dad did a lot of extra work in the emergency room in his earlier days as a doctor. Frequently on weekends he would take me into the hospital to do his "rounds" to visit all his patients. The hospital was filled with all sorts of young soldiers that had made bad choices, like riding a motorcycle high on cocaine without a helmet on or getting drunk and getting in a bar fight over some floozy. So I saw lots and lots of consequences from poor choices early on in my life and hence always lived a clean life with zero drugs, alcohol, cigs, getting women knocked up, etc.

For a lot of young people out there they never see or have much appreciation for the consequences of these poor choices and I think a big issue today is that children are over coddled and the parents defer too much to the children and kiss their asses like they are little princes and princesses. That treatment makes it even worse so the kids just think the world revolves around them and they can do whatever they want with no responsibility or consequences.
I couldn't agree more. I left my job at a University because I couldn't deal with the snow flakes. Savage kids who couldn't put down their cells phones and pull out their ear plugs to talk to you. They were entitled snots with no social skills. Implementing any type of structure or disciple was considered abuse. Personally I think the increase in heroin use is due to this culture of self-centeredness that has been created by dirty liberals like Obama. Those kids spent almost half their lives being told the world owes them by demagogue politicians like Obama. Everyone is a victim and everyone is entitled to every thing.