Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: What can I do for my 14 year old girl?

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    A part of the problem with the youth is a lack of complete brain development until the age of 25. The part of the brain that completely understands consequences doesn't fully develop until then and some have it worse than others.

My dad did a lot of extra work in the emergency room in his earlier days as a doctor. Frequently on weekends he would take me into the hospital to do his "rounds" to visit all his patients. The hospital was filled with all sorts of young soldiers that had made bad choices, like riding a motorcycle high on cocaine without a helmet on or getting drunk and getting in a bar fight over some floozy. So I saw lots and lots of consequences from poor choices early on in my life and hence always lived a clean life with zero drugs, alcohol, cigs, getting women knocked up, etc.

For a lot of young people out there they never see or have much appreciation for the consequences of these poor choices and I think a big issue today is that children are over coddled and the parents defer too much to the children and kiss their asses like they are little princes and princesses. That treatment makes it even worse so the kids just think the world revolves around them and they can do whatever they want with no responsibility or consequences.
    I couldn't agree more. I left my job at a University because I couldn't deal with the snow flakes. Savage kids who couldn't put down their cells phones and pull out their ear plugs to talk to you. They were entitled snots with no social skills. Implementing any type of structure or disciple was considered abuse. Personally I think the increase in heroin use is due to this culture of self-centeredness that has been created by dirty liberals like Obama. Those kids spent almost half their lives being told the world owes them by demagogue politicians like Obama. Everyone is a victim and everyone is entitled to every thing.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Glad to hear you were a success story. It seems today many folks are getting turned on to heroin after getting addicted to pain killers overly prescribed by doctors. That is something that has to be addressed. But what would you recommend for parents to do to help their kids never start down this road?
    If only they would legalize drugs addiction would never happen.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Yeah, alcohol is legal and you don't see anyone addicted to that stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I left my job at a University because I couldn't deal with the snow flakes. Savage kids who couldn't put down their cells phones and pull out their ear plugs to talk to you. They were entitled snots with no social skills. Implementing any type of structure or disciple was considered abuse. Personally I think the increase in heroin use is due to this culture of self-centeredness that has been created by dirty liberals like Obama. Those kids spent almost half their lives being told the world owes them by demagogue politicians like Obama. Everyone is a victim and everyone is entitled to every thing.
    Pollution, addiction and persistent media-based distraction retards brain development...and produces people who can't finish anything unless directed by an Ubermenche. There are no Ubermenschen unless there are Untermenschen.

(Lancaster County)

Addiction would happen but it's possible there'd be fewer of the other negatives

(Monroe County)

So there are no alcoholics, sex addicts, nicotine addicts, workaholics, or gambling addicts? They're all legal.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

My dad did a lot of extra work in the emergency room in his earlier days as a doctor. Frequently on weekends he would take me into the hospital to do his "rounds" to visit all his patients. The hospital was filled with all sorts of young soldiers that had made bad choices, like riding a motorcycle high on cocaine without a helmet on or getting drunk and getting in a bar fight over some floozy. So I saw lots and lots of consequences from poor choices early on in my life and hence always lived a clean life with zero drugs, alcohol, cigs, getting women knocked up, etc.

Physicians, nurses and other medical professionals tend to have a pretty high percentage suffering from addiction. It's the dirty little secret. Some high end rehabs cater to just them.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Addiction would happen but it's possible there'd be fewer of the other negatives
    You mean like prostitution, theft, robbery, burglary, fatal overdoses, etc.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Physicians, nurses and other medical professionals tend to have a pretty high percentage suffering from addiction. It's the dirty little secret. Some high end rehabs cater to just them.
    I personally know of two. One kicked the addiction, the other was found dead with the needle still between the toes.

(Tioga County)

If you want to see what legalizing drugs does, go out to Colorado. If anything it has made crime and drug use worse.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast