Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: What can I do for my 14 year old girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Go to your friendly Walgreen's Pharmacy and pick up your doctor prescribed 15 day Rx for heroin from neighborhood pharmacist Omar!
    Would such a program work? I don't think any of us can honestly say.
    Mitch the drug war is such a complete failure. Feels like perhaps we should try something drastically different for a decade. Maybe no drug laws at all, they are all put on hold for 8 years. That includes prescription and such. Purchase from amazon, ebay, mexico, what ever you want.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post
    Mitch the drug war is such a complete failure. Feels like perhaps we should try something drastically different for a decade. Maybe no drug laws at all, they are all put on hold for 8 years. That includes prescription and such. Purchase from amazon, ebay, mexico, what ever you want.
    That's what I'm thinking. I don't know how it's working in some of the countries that have but what we are doing is not working.
    I remember the same stories when I was a kid, the same politics and the same law and order approach.
    Cops die fighting the drug war and I don't think it's worth their lives.

It takes looking outside the box and trying something that maybe a person doesn't support or thinks is wrong.

(Philadelphia County)

Go to your friendly Walgreen's Pharmacy and pick up your doctor prescribed 15 day Rx for heroin from neighborhood pharmacist Omar!
    Would such a program work? I don't think any of us can honestly say.
    My question is who is manufacturing the heroin? It is not exactly made under normal pharmaceutical procedures. I don't think the pharmacy is going to sell a product possibly hit with Fentanyl. And after the first two OD deaths, the lawyers will be lining up at Walgreens and talking to Omar.

If you suggest the heroin is manufactured professionally, it is not going to cost $5-$10 a bag.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. I don't know how it's working in some of the countries that have but what we are doing is not working.
    I remember the same stories when I was a kid, the same politics and the same law and order approach.
    Cops die fighting the drug war and I don't think it's worth their lives.

It takes looking outside the box and trying something that maybe a person doesn't support or thinks is wrong.
    While I agree the war on drugs is failing, I don't think the answer is to give up and allow anything and everything.

(Allegheny County)

The war on speeding is a complete failure as well.
    End speed limits! Let the people choose how fast to propel their own bodies!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    While I agree the war on drugs is failing, I don't think the answer is to give up and allow anything and everything.
    I was trying to show that we always try the same thing, even the "new" approach is always the same thing. Tweaking this stuff a little has absolutely no change. There is no way they are going to stop the drug trade, no way at all. There is too much money in it and people are too corrupt. So if you make no meaningful impact on it, then why are we throwing away so much money and causing so much harm to other people?

It is the same with everything. Take gun control. Republicans are suppose to be pro 2nd amendment and anti gun control. When they get in office they should dissolve all the gun laws. Shut down Nics, pics, whatever. End the 86 ban and any other law on guns. They don't, they never do anything of substance.

Emptymag is right, speeding has been shown to not cause accidents. Speed limits should be eliminated. Instead we just dance around it. Oh you can go 60 now instead of 55.

Budget. Republicans want balanced budgets. They get power and we get more spending. Always more. The budget this year should be balanced, they have had 8 years to plan for it, should have had it ready to pass.

They wrecked healthcare instead of saying hands off do what you want, we get more obamacare. Always more.

Perhaps we need to eliminate security for them. If people are constantly picking them off maybe no one would run for office. Might just be the best thing for the country.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    The war on speeding is a complete failure as well. End speed limits! Let the people choose how fast to propel their own bodies!
    I agree entirely. And actually hold them responsible for the consequences if their choices result in harm to others.

If the government were serious about "speeding safety" it would start with just regulating the max speed on vehicles via mandatory speed limiters. That would do a LOT more than worthless signs all over the place. Honestly, does any street vehicle need to go more than 80 mph, if that is the max speed limit in the nation? Why does it allow them on the roads? With current technology, it could mandate GPS in all new vehicles, along with a data system that has the max speed limit for the current position of the car, and limit the speed to whatever that is, all in real time. It would be easy to implement at this point. But there are no such regulations. Why? Answer: it's not serious about "speeding safety".
    Last edited by free; May 10th, 2017 at 01:01 PM.

(Lancaster County)

My question is who is manufacturing the heroin? It is not exactly made under normal pharmaceutical procedures. I don't think the pharmacy is going to sell a product possibly hit with Fentanyl. And after the first two OD deaths, the lawyers will be lining up at Walgreens and talking to Omar.

If you suggest the heroin is manufactured professionally, it is not going to cost $5-$10 a bag.
    Look like I said I don't have the answers. Has the war on drugs worked? Like everything else it's easy to sit back and say "No no no" but until something else is tried nobody knows. Other countries have done just what I'm suggesting. I just can't find what has happened since. Overdoses on heroin are usually the result of product. Product the user is new to because their "guy" got busted or somebody new has come in. It's not because the user tried to go higher.
    But whatever. I sure don't see a big change in drug use other than cocaine isn't a "thing" anymore.

We always talk about doing the same thing and expecting different results or throwing good money after bad trying to fix a problem. I say let's look at extreme or unusual methods. Something other than busting and jailing addicts, going after mr Big when another always takes his place and resort rehabs that the wealthy use as vacations and the not so wealthy think if they could just afford them they'd be cured

(Lancaster County)

That's not what I said. I spoke of doctors being involved, Rxs being prescribed, doses to maintain physical and emotional well being.
    I'm not a drug kingpin or policy maker and I don't have the answers to questions any number of people here may ask. I don't think something should be struck down on knee jerk addiction ignorance, morality or it's always been this way

(Allegheny County)

I say let's look at extreme or unusual methods.
    Death by OD is like death by suicide. I don't see it has a problem that needs to be solved.

The problem with drugs is the associated crime that comes with them. People thieving to get money for their fix, people killing off other people to protect or gain "territory", etc. Yes, people turning themselves into useless members of society that have to be supported by everyone else IS a problem, but that is a problem that can be solved by allowing people to accept the consequences of their choices - but society doesn't seem to have to stomach for it.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast