Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10mm Pistol

(Northampton County)

Default 10mm Pistol

I've been kicking around the idea of a 10mm for a range toy recently and I was curious if anyone here has owned any of the below pistols. If so, any feedback would be appreciated. I'm also up for other suggestions I may have overlooked. All metal, 10mm, and a nice trigger are the only requirements. Thanks!

Dan Wesson RZ-10

Dan Wesson Bruin

Sig Sauer P220-10 SAO

EAA Witness Elite Match

Kimber Custom TLE II

STI Perfect 10

(Beaver County)

Default Re: 10mm Pistol

I got a Kimber Stainless Target II in 10mm. Absolutely love it. Have about 5k rounds through it so far. My G20 and G29 also get a steady diet of rounds. The Kimber and G20 go to IDPA shoots twice a month. Yet to have any type of failure.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

I have owned a Kimber Custom TLE RL II for 7 years now and while it is in .45 acp it's been one of the best pistols I have ever owned. It's a pleasure to shoot, made very well the finish still looks excellent and I can honestly say I've never had a single failure with it. I've owned and still own many hand guns of all different types and calibers and this one is in my top 3 favorites. I would like to one day own an EAA witnesses elite II as they are extremely nice pistols.
    Last edited by Hodgie; April 16th, 2017 at 10:06 PM.

(Bucks County)

I have a Dan Wesson RZ-10 and a colt Delta Elite. Both have been great. The fit and finish is a little nicer on the RZ-10 but the price tag reflects it. If I was only going to have one 10mm it would probably be the Colt just for the history and it's one of the guns the kept the 10mm alive.

(Northampton County)

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

(York County)

Two to check out not on your list;

Sig 1911 Tac Ops -10mm
    https://www.sigsauer.com/store/1911-...full-size.html

I own this gun in .45 and it is a very fine gun.Highly recommend it. Its very accurate and with the front and rear grip checkering and the G10 grips I added provides a very positive grip, That and the weight combined I would think would help make it a real nice shooter in the more powerful 10mm.

ROCK ULTRA FS HC - 10MM
    http://armscor.com/firearms/rock-ser...ra-fs-hc-10mm/

No personal knowledge of this one... but have heard a lot of real positive things about RIA.
    I ran across a listing for this gun a few weeks ago and it really peaked my interest. With all the features, 16+1 cap. adjustable rear sight with a F.O. front, mag well, etc. Seems it would make a great range toy. The price if I remember right was only right around $600 or so!
    I have no real need for a 10mm, other than I don't have one yet LOL, but if I ever find one of these in a shop or show and like it, it may have to come home with me.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Beardog View Post
    Two to check out not on your list;

Sig 1911 Tac Ops -10mm
    https://www.sigsauer.com/store/1911-...full-size.html

I own this gun in .45 and it is a very fine gun.Highly recommend it. Its very accurate and with the front and rear grip checkering and the G10 grips I added provides a very positive grip, That and the weight combined I would think would help make it a real nice shooter in the more powerful 10mm . . .
    VERY interesting . . . having owned 6 Sigs, I'm rather ashamed to say I didn't realize that they sold the TACOPS in 10mm. I thought it was just .45 and .357 Sig. I'll certainly have to add this to my list of possibilities. Thanks for the info!

(Clearfield County)

I have a Sig P220 SAO in 10mm. Best case support I have seen and "lights out" accurate.

(Dauphin County)

My dad has a Colt Delta Elite and it feels great, accurate and comfortable to shoot.

I have a Rock Island 1911 10mm. The grips are a little rough but managable, accurate and reliable.

(Northampton County)

Thanks for the continued feedback, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by saleen322 View Post
    I have a Sig P220 SAO in 10mm. Best case support I have seen and "lights out" accurate.
    What do you think of the trigger on this? I've read a few reviews complaining that it was too heavy for a SAO trigger at 5-6lbs. Personally, I'd prefer to have a crisp 3.5-4lb pull . . . which might be as simple as swapping in a lighter weight hammer spring. I've done this on my other Sigs with success.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast