Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Current AR-15 prices- All I can say is WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    This isn't arfcom. Your Jedi mind tricks will not work here.

I just hate to see people, new to the sport, waste their money. Just trying to not let them learn the hard lessons that I did over the past 35 years....

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I do look at the deals thread but I never saw a complete $350 AR. Maybe $400 on special from a distributor. Then you add in shipping and a transfer and that is the real price you pay.

I was talking about going to a store and walking out with a $350 (plus tax and a few dollars for the background check) AR-15.
    I've not seen $350 though I don't doubt it. I bought one about a month ago for $399 + sales tax out the door.
    DGAF

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    I just hate to see people, new to the sport, waste their money. Just trying to not let them learn the hard lessons that I did over the past 35 years....
    Hmmm. The hard-learned lesson for me is that paying too much for a 'name' AR doesn't pay. I'm not saying EVERY 'entry level' AR is awesome, but I certainly don't hold the 'waste of money' opinion you do of many: Anderson, PSA, Windham to name a couple.
    DGAF

(York County)

HAPPY EASTER ALL!!!
    I feel sorry for those of you that are hooked on the Colt cool-aid.

• You can build a rifle as good as a Colt for less money.
    • You can build a rifle better than a Colt for the same money.

Where does it all end - the skies the limit!

I'm not saying that all home built guns are better than the store bought guns but if you're using parts that were made to the same specifications they should be pretty much the same. Anything man made can fail and does for various reasons.

After I wrote this I started thinking about my wife's home made chicken potpie she's using the recipe my grandmother gave her over 30 years ago and it still doesn't come out as good as grandma's did using the exact same ingredients...
    Last edited by edritchey; April 16th, 2017 at 08:34 AM.
    Every day's a Saturday

(Cambria County)

Was talking to a gun shop owner. He brought up a very good point.
    He said he expects AR prices to drop like crazy. Everyone jumped on the AR bandwagon and started making AR's during the Obama Regime. The market is currently flooded with to many manufacturers and not enough buyers. People aren't worried like they were when they thought Hillary was going to get in. Trump getting elected put them at ease. He said that over time, a lot of these companies are going to just shut down. But will be selling off stock at super low prices trying to at least recoup some of their monies. Once they sell off, the "big" companies will be left and prices will level back out and find a happy medium that they will stay at. So, keep your eyes open for deals like the one the OP posted about.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    This isn't arfcom. Your Jedi mind tricks will not work here.

It's no trick, he speaks the truth.

(Bucks County)

Any market can become saturated. Timing is always of the essence. Some make money flipping houses, some lose their shirts. Trump is in, but who knows what might happen to adversely affect his reelection. I was surprised to learn as a teen how many were against WWII even after Pearl Harbor. Deeper involvement in the sandbox may turn enough to kill his chances. There will always be enough non-thinkers to present a problem for the rest.

The one saving grace is there are two kinds of money. Money in, and money out. Any person or corporation having money sitting on the unwanted shelf has a decision to make. Wait it out and play against the net, or move it and get into something else with the proceeds that will positively affect the bottom line.

The days of a private business gunmaker (Colt, S&W, Remington for example) able to tighten his/their belt for a spell are gone. Now it's holding companies that have to attract and keep stockholders and investors.

I think it'll remain a pendulum. Supply and demand. When interest in ARs wanes, the supply will shrink as manufacturers make other things and bargain-hunters soak up what is available. Then it will somewhat stabilize, and when Dems conjure up things that scare, the scarce supply will go higher again.

There are other things driving manufacturing decisions. Winning and losing military contracts. Reputations, deserved or not. Some will say screw it, we're building bicycles. Some will embark on a campaign to change the consumer mind, creating superb deals with an eye to the future.

It all depends on perceptions of the future. Just like oil futures.

(Wayne County)

All I can say is that this is the reason that I just went out and bought my AR. I never expected to get an AR for the price of a decent pistol. I've been thinking about getting one for a while, but never wanted to spend what was being asked the past few years. When I saw the prices on S&Ws and Rugers a week or so ago, I got interested really quickly.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Berks County)

I have to say I believe this is the bottom. I don't believe quality ARs will sell new for $150. 5000 22lr for $200 I think is the bottom in that market also. Don't be a market timer. Now is the time.

Have you noticed all the ads from Palmetto State lately? I think hats and stickers now come with 10 free Pmags. They must have a warehouse full of them. Midway is dumping them too. Lowest I've seen is 79.99 for 10. I bought two cheap AR's. Both are reliable but fit and finish wasn't great and the accuracy also was not great. I wound up buying a RRA and everything is great, cost a hell of a lot more than $350. It also shoots about 3/4 MOA at 100 yards. If you just want an AR and aren't expecting anything special a cheaper gun will probably make you happy. If you want an awesome trigger and 1/2 in groups at 100 yards then you will be very disappointed.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast