Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Any info on Finnish M24 Mosin Nagants?

I'm more familiar with the "common" m91/30 Russian Mosin Nagants (I have 4-5 of them and an m44) and to a lesser degree the Finnish m39's but I stumbled across something that appears to be mislabeled. I did some research and with the help of 7.62x54r.net it appears to be a Finnish m24 Mosin Nagant. I read whatever that site had on them so now I know more about them than someone who knows nothing about them but I was wondering if anyone could speak to their rarity, collectability, desirability, value, and shoot-ability relative to the more common Mosin's like the 91/30's, m44's, and m39's. I would appreciate any information you have. Thanks.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Any info on Finnish M24 Mosin Nagants?

No one? So if no one knows anything maybe they're really rare and either valuable or worthless because no one pays them any attention.

(Lehigh County)

Patience grasshopper! It takes a while to wake the poofa beast, and a mere 2 1/2 hours is not enough unless it involves scantily clad females (or males sometimes) or bodily functions or fluids. I used to have a good link to a Finnish specific site, but do not have it readily accessible at the moment. I will look.

EDIT: OK maybe I missed a calendar change -- sorry!
    Last edited by gghbi; April 15th, 2017 at 10:00 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Elk County)

Last edited by Noah_Zark; April 15th, 2017 at 09:15 PM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lancaster County)

I had a Finish capture that I bought for 90 dollars. I brought it up to a friend who is big into surplus rifles and he offered me a Tula factory rifle and a spam cam of ammo for it. I took him up on it since I just wanted a range toy. 440 rounds at the rate I shoot it will last a very long time. I could tell he was holding back a grin when I agreed so maybe there is an increased value. Sorry that's all I could offer to this thread but it's something. Oh and by the way I see 26 hours and 43 minutes between the ops posts, not 2.5 ; )
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Indiana County)

Your question is vague.

Do you think you've found a gem of a M24 or did you stumble across a M24 someone has listed as a 91/30 for less than the going rate of a M24?

M24's are not rare.
    There were less of them made than many other Mosin models but they arefor sale out there all the time.
    I'd guess an average price is about $400-500.

Are there some M24's that would bring a premium?
    Yes, something like a KLP marked one would be, but it's a difficult thing to explain here.
    I suggest going to Gunboards and spend the day reading and making mental notes.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks, Noah. I had read one of those links already through my searching but the others were helpful. I came back and prompted a day later because it was for an auction that would be ending soon and I wanted some information sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Your question is vague.

Do you think you've found a gem of a M24 or did you stumble across a M24 someone has listed as a 91/30 for less than the going rate of a M24?

M24's are not rare.
    There were less of them made than many other Mosin models but they arefor sale out there all the time.
    I'd guess an average price is about $400-500.

Are there some M24's that would bring a premium?
    Yes, something like a KLP marked one would be, but it's a difficult thing to explain here.
    I suggest going to Gunboards and spend the day reading and making mental notes.
    Thanks for your input too, but I didn't think it was too vague. I just wanted some info relative to other nagants. It was listed as being a Swiss Mosin Nagant but I used 7.62x54r.net to identify the markings in the pictures and from what I could tell it was an M24 with a German barrel and it seemed to be in pretty nice condition. As far as them not being rare I might say that's subjective. I don't claim to be an expert on all things gun but I do read, research, and collect a little and I'd never seen one for sale before. Searching gunbroker a few days ago came up with 0 results. It wasn't one of the special marked ones you mention. It sold for $405 plus shipping I think. I was close to biting but decided to save the money. I'll kick myself later the next time I come across one for a higher price. Thanks again, all, for the info.

(Indiana County)

You are correct, rare is subjective.
    IMO since M24's are sold all the time they are not rare.
    IMO, a rare Finnish Mosin is an SAT, 27RV or the Finn captured Russian M44.

As for none being for sale, as you just found out, misrepresented guns happen.
    Both of my 24's were listed as something else.

Good luck in your hunt, that's part of the fun.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    Thanks, Noah. I had read one of those links already through my searching but the others were helpful. I came back and prompted a day later because it was for an auction that would be ending soon and I wanted some information sooner rather than later.

Thanks for your input too, but I didn't think it was too vague. I just wanted some info relative to other nagants. It was listed as being a Swiss Mosin Nagant but I used 7.62x54r.net to identify the markings in the pictures and from what I could tell it was an M24 with a German barrel and it seemed to be in pretty nice condition. As far as them not being rare I might say that's subjective. I don't claim to be an expert on all things gun but I do read, research, and collect a little and I'd never seen one for sale before. Searching gunbroker a few days ago came up with 0 results. It wasn't one of the special marked ones you mention. It sold for $405 plus shipping I think. I was close to biting but decided to save the money. I'll kick myself later the next time I come across one for a higher price. Thanks again, all, for the info.
    For future reference, if the gun wasn't altered (i.e. sanded/cut stock, sickly polyurethane added, bent bolt, drilled for a scope), then $405 is a pretty good price, IMO. I paid a little too much for my first one (over $500) and got my second one for a good price (KLP marked at $650+shipping). Different things can affect the price on these, but I'd say that one at $405 is generally a good buy. My first one is on the left, the second one is on the right. Both are Bohler-Stahl barrels. SIG is the other manufacturer (one which I don't have yet). Generally, the only people who will know/care about the value differences are Finn collectors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cville; May 7th, 2017 at 06:27 PM.