Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Indiana County)

Default Palmetto AR10 lower, what uppers?

So I acquired a Palmetto AR10 lower through a trade.

Has anyone actually assembled an AR10 using their lower and if so what upper did you go with?

I'm liking that ProFab upper AIM is offering but as I'm finding out with these AR10's compatibility is an issue.
    Should I just stick with a Palmetto upper and swap out parts or has anyone actually used another upper on their lower with success?
    I tried doing a search over at ARF with no success...

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Palmetto AR10 lower, what uppers?

Ive personally found that sticking with the same mfg for both upper and lower, for the 308 platform, is the most simple way to rule out problems from the start.
    Technically it is a DPMS/KAC system, over an Armalite. But that doesn't mean a Mega will necessarily fit and FUNCTION on your PSA lower.

Seen both ways happen.
    Buy X lower because its on sale and buy Y upper later on sale....and it works....or it doesnt fit for shit.

I have zero experience with the PSA system though. Only Aero, Mega, DPMS and a couple Armalite/Noveske set-ups.
    The Aramlite/Noveske fitment was spot on. The rest were all same lower/upper/barrel parts and worked just fine. Other than adding an adj gas block due to over sized gas ports.
    Those were builds/fixes for customers through the last 4-5 years. The few who did have issues, i only told them to get the correct parts and i would help.
    They didnt think it was the problem and i have no idea if they ever fixed them.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Indiana County)

Thanks.
    The more I read about the Palmetto AR10 stuff the more I'm thinking I might just sell the lower and go with a complete rifle.
    I'm not really liking their offerings on the complete uppers and there seems to be conflicting information out there as to what is proprietary and what is not.
    Seems like they really muddled this one up.

(Montgomery County)

That would be my suggestion.

Also, seems to me a S&W M&P10 is just a few hundred more in the end, and has the product support of S&W behind it.

(Lackawanna County)

I agree with Nate. I started down the road for an sbr ar10 and the more I dug the more I found that I needed to match parts to ensure that the fit was proper. My aero lower turned into an aero upper and rail. And parts kits for both. From there you can do what you want with it.

(Armstrong County)

Yup, I would sell it and either buy complete or build one with matching parts from the same mfg.
    If you build, or buy a lower, i have a complete 22" Aero upper w/custom Benchmark barrel and SLR rail. 195 rounds through it, match ammo only.
    Let me know if you go that route and want a fantastic shooting upper.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50