Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Tulpehocken Rifle & Pistol Club 4/30/2017 CMP military rifle match and clinic

Tulpehocken Rifle and Pistol in Pine Grove, PA will be hosting a CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) marksmanship clinic and sanctioned as-issued military rifle match on Sunday April 30th 2017. The clinic will be taught by a CMP master instructor and includes basic marksmanship instruction with common vintage and modern military rifles with a focus on their sporting use in traditional competition. The clinic and match qualify as marksmanship activities for eligibility to purchase surplus US firearms or ammunition from the CMP.

Sign up for the clinic will begin at 8am at the clubhouse (2 Leonard St, Pine Grove, PA 17963, 40.548155, -76.385927), and start at 9am. Sign up for the afternoon match will begin at Noon at the club’s Berger Road range (109 Berger Rd, 40.560805, -76.365671), and begin at 1pm. The clubhouse is about 8 minutes from exits 100 or 104 on i81.

The cost for the match is $15, or $20 for both the clinic and match. You do not need to attend the clinic to shoot in the match, however it is recommended if you have never participated in a CMP or NRA high powered rifle competition before.

The match will follow current CMP competition rules and use the Military Rifle Course B. All stages are fired at 200 yards:
    - 5 minutes for up to 5 sighting shots
    - 20 minutes for 20 shots from the prone position
    - 80 seconds for 10 shots from the prone position with mandatory reload
    - 70 seconds for 10 shots from the sitting or kneeling position with reload
    - 10 minutes for 10 shots from the standing position

Loaner M1 Garand rifles are available for this event if needed. Only club ammo may be used in loaner rifles, it will be available for purchase at cost. If you require a loaner rifle, please contact us prior to the day of the match.

Additional information may be found on the club's website at http://www.tulprpc.org , or the CMP's at http://www.thecmp.org . Both Tulpehocken Rifle and Pistol Club and the CMP are 501(c) organizations.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Tulpehocken Rifle & Pistol Club 4/30/2017 CMP military rifle match and clinic

Think I will hit this up for a warm up to the Fleet/ALL Navy matches in Quantico in May.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Tulpehocken Rifle & Pistol Club 4/30/2017 CMP military rifle match and clinic

Been trying to get to Quantico for a few years now. This year is off the table, my wife's birthday is the same day as the first rifle eic. I don't need points anymore so it isn't worth half of my stuff.

Should be a good match at Pine Grove if the weather holds, right now at more than a week out has possible thunderstorms. Better odds that its anything but that by the day of the match. Normally have 2 full relays or very close to it for the unsanctioned jcg matches at this club. Hoping the clinic and that its opened up to gsm gets us 3. Can do scoring on the line and more coaching for the new shooters.

(Monroe County)

Are the pits good at Tulpe?
    I had one real good year and keep just missing out on more pts.

As issued, is my Service rifle NM AR ok? but
    I do need an excuse to break out my SECNAV M1 and I have plenty of greek.
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; April 19th, 2017 at 08:46 PM.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Luzerne County)

Carriers are surpsingly good considering they look like they are from when the range was a National Guard range prior to WW2. Smoother than most new carriers, but have to watch that they don't get away from you when you turn your back. Month to month the counter balances never stay balanced, will sometimes start drifting back up in the air. Visible impact area that somewhat resembles Bridgeville's but a few feet shallower.

Yea, the hunt for points is like a marathon, just have to keep going and they will come. Year I legged out I had already shot my limit of allowed matches prior to Perry. Had a few more first leathers to show for it but was still 4 points short walking down Rodriguez range. If your not out of your allowed civilian match points, EIC at Reade this Sunday. Should be about 2 legs given out for this early in the year. EIC in June at Reade is normally packed, last year 56 including distinguished shot in competition, 4 legs given out including a 10 point.

Probably safest to bring both rifles. Registered with the CMP as as-issued GSM, but plan on a firing point or two at the big end of the line as a NRA match with sr42 and mr52 targets if needed. If any of the regulars show up for the monthly NRA match that is typically held fourth Sunday there. Alot but not all of them also shoot the Garand or other ww2 surplus for the club's jcg matches, so will see day of the match. Can follow the same line commands to stand before rapids, just will be on the normal targets instead of only sr's. Or use it as your excuse to put that trophy rifle back to work.

(Monroe County)

Well run and safe match. I'm going to have to make the drive again.

(Luzerne County)

Thanks for coming, the monthly NRA matches start there May 28th and run through October. Last Sunday of every month. They also hold a Battle of the Bulge GSV match typically the last Sunday in January. Depending on how many of today's new shooters from the clinic and match keep coming back over the summer, may be able to get the January match sanctioned also. First sanctioned CMP event for the club, even though they've been affiliated for years. Broke even so have to see what effect it has long term on attendance.

Was talking to one of the GCA directors this evening about your M1, one of the guys that shoots with Adell on the Garand teams out at Camp Perry every year. He said it may actually be the wood is too tight instead of too loose. Preventing it from seating fully and not latching except on the hook on the back of the triggerguard. He had to duct tape the bottom of the magazine to the wood to finish a match one time, found when he got it home the front of the triggerguard couldn't seat deep enough to hold, so all the force recocking the hammer was being supported by the back of the guard and popping it open.

Won't post the full results with names online, but they will be accessible on the CMP competition tracker in a few weeks. May take a little while, a few of the cards look like they'll be unscanable and have to be manually entered.

Match winner was a 452-5x shot with an 03 Springfield.
    2nd place was a 444-5x, shot with modern military (home built m4 style carbine, 4x optic, totaled 7.75lbs)
    3rd place was 434-6x, shot with modern military (SAI m1a)

Both the match winner and 3rd place are regulars that shoot the monthly NRA matches, 2nd place was one of the two new shooters from the clinic. Both him and his son did really well for their first time out.