Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Whats your worst experience with an AD or mechanical failure with a pistol?

I used to work for a Japanese company. All the guys from the factory in Japan want to shoot guns when they come to the USA. One time I took four of them to the range. I went over safety with all of them. First two guys no problem. Third guy gets ready, everything looks ok and he shoots. He let's out this ahhhwww noise because he was totally amazed. He then turns the loaded gun around and looks down the barrel. He might have had his finger on the trigger, I don't know. I'm yelling Nooooo. I was waiting to see brains on the wall. He turned the gun back on the target and thought nothing about it. Not an AD, thank God. Taught me a lesson. If someone has never shot a gun, only give them 1 round at a time until they prove they are safe.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Whats your worst experience with an AD or mechanical failure with a pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    I have probably told this story before but it really made a change in how I handle weapons loaded or unloaded. I was 17 just joined the Army and was at a live fore range for squad movement techniques , picture a v of v formation also known as Traveling over watch. We had just been cleared to move downrange when a ceasefire was called. The Drill told us all to place our weapons on safe and get down in the prone, still in formation. A 17 year old with a loaded M16A1 in the rear V slaying there, bored, flicking the safety on , then to semi then to full auto back and forth during the 20 minute cease fire. During one of my moments of fiddling with the safety I pulled the trigger and dumped about half my 20 round mag straight forward. By some miracle I missed two Soldiers to my front and just laid their with a WTF look on my face when my world went white. It seems my drill kicked a filed goal with my head and sent my steel pot down range. I received special attention for the rest of my time in Basic but I learned a valuable lesson about forgetting how dangerous weapons are and stupidity. I haven't had a ND since then and I am constantly working on not ever having one again.
    I am surprised. Thanks for sharing. The same goes to many of the posters in this thread. I am sure it was difficult to bring some of these stories to light even in a semi anonymous setting. For some of them I had a moment when I wanted to cast judgement, then it occurred to me that I have committed the same exact mistakes but with different outcomes. This thread reaffirms that I need to be diligent at all times with all of my guns, even the "safer" ones.
    Last edited by mpan72; April 17th, 2017 at 09:11 PM.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I am surprised. Thanks for sharing. The same goes to many of the posters in this thread. I am sure it was difficult to bring some of these stories to light even in a semi anonymous setting. For some of them I had a moment when I wanted to cast judgement, then it occurred to me that I have committed the same exact mistakes but with different outcomes. This thread reaffirms that I need to be diligent at all times with all of my guns, even the "safer" ones.
    +1 if there is any topic that we should leave our couch quarterbacking out of, it's one like this.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    I have probably told this story before but it really made a change in how I handle weapons loaded or unloaded. I was 17 just joined the Army and was at a live fore range for squad movement techniques , picture a v of v formation also known as Traveling over watch. We had just been cleared to move downrange when a ceasefire was called. The Drill told us all to place our weapons on safe and get down in the prone, still in formation. A 17 year old with a loaded M16A1 in the rear V laying there, bored, flicking the safety on , then to semi then to full auto back and forth during the 20 minute cease fire. During one of my moments of fiddling with the safety I pulled the trigger and dumped about half my 20 round mag straight forward. By some miracle I missed two Soldiers to my front and just laid their with a WTF look on my face when my world went white. It seems my drill kicked a field goal with my head and sent my steel pot down range. I received special attention for the rest of my time in Basic but I learned a valuable lesson about forgetting how dangerous weapons are and stupidity. I haven't had a ND since then and I am constantly working on not ever having one again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234